Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #61
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You're such apple bait.
The media writes about what the people want to read about...

People are selecting the non-techie devices...guess what the writers write about?

The only Apple device I own is a iPod classic.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #62
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Did I miss something? I sure thought this one would be about the RIM tablet.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #63
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilipp View Post
Yeah, I was just laughing at that.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #64
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilipp View Post
We got rocky raccoon here....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #65
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yup me too! And in the Android forum yet!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #66
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
After playing with the Blackberry Playbook at Best Buy for a long time, I have to say I agree with the reviewers. The power button is absolutely terrible. What were they thinking?!

The screen is really nice though, and the OS is slick. The lack of apps might be the final nail in the coffin. I don't think apple or android have anything to worry about.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #67
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
After playing with the Blackberry Playbook at Best Buy for a long time, I have to say I agree with the reviewers. The power button is absolutely terrible. What were they thinking?!

The screen is really nice though, and the OS is slick. The lack of apps might be the final nail in the coffin. I don't think apple or android have anything to worry about.

Thanks for the hands-on.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #68
RockdaMan
Banned

Funny...this article lead to this response.

For what it's worth his review says:

Quote:
the PlayBook "isn't in any shape to be seen in public," and that I wouldn't buy one. I also say that the iPad is the only tablet that doesn't feel like an experiment. And in another recent piece, I pointed out that there really isn't such a thing as a tablet market yet--there's an iPad market, and a bunch of disappointments.

Last edited by RockdaMan; 04-21-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #69
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Hmmm, I don't recall the source, but I read a headline just this morning (Yahoo news?) that said Verizon and At&T are only selling 30% of their inventory of iPhones.
(Still waiting on the link/proof that AT&T and Verizon are only able to sell 3 out of every 10 iPhones shipped to them)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #70
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
(Still waiting on the link/proof that AT&T and Verizon are only able to sell 3 out of every 10 iPhones shipped to them)
lol, I'm pretty sure the quote was that ATT/Verizon sold 30% of all iPhones. In other words, 70% of iPhones were sold outside the US.

Verizon alone activated 2.2 million iPhone 4s in 7 weeks; ATT activated 3.6 million. If that is 3 out of every 10 iPhones shipped to them, that would be pretty hilarious.

Last edited by kjk; 04-21-2011 at 11:58 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #71
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
lol, I'm pretty sure the quote was that ATT/Verizon sold 30% of all iPhones.
Me too. I just want him to confirm it.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #72
kennyc

Can we get on topic, quit being a troll rock.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #73
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
the PlayBook supports Flash, with no need to download a player as on Android. But Flash objects are often slow to load, and some would not function. That’s an issue Flash also has on Android, as my colleague Neil McAllister discovered in his extensive Flash tests. It’s becoming increasingly clear to me that Flash and mobile don’t mix.
Quote:
But I doubt that RIM actually listened to customers or outsiders — the train wreck is just too complete for there to have been anything other than heads deeply buried in sand. Still, it’s one thing to see an impending train wreck and fret. It’s another to view the aftermath — it’s a lot worse than I could have imagined, and it feels awful to look at it.
http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobile-te...d-unusable-534
Old 04-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #74
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I'd rather it was Android, more apps.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #75
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
He says as they sold 50,000 units in the first week.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote