Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Lynn2010
Lynn2010 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Borders Free Books

Borders has 5 free books today that are in epub format. I'm able to add them to the Border reader library but not able to get them into ADE.

I'm new to ADE and probably just don't know what I'm doing but I would like to move them to ADE and then add them to my Nook.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Lynn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Have you tried this:

Go to the upper left corner of ADE, under 'Adobe Digital Editions'.

To the right of 'Library' there is a downward pointing triagle.

Click the triangle, select 'Add item to library'

Go to the place where you've downloaded the Borders book, highlight, then click 'Open' on the bottom to the right of 'file name'.

That should add your book to ADE so you can side load to the nook.

Did you have to use a CC number to dl the ebooks? I'm debating a couple of them but am wary about adding my CC info to yet another site.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
Lynn2010
Lynn2010 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your response Wandalynn. I did get some help and then figured the rest out from a video on the B&N Nook site.

No, I didn't have to enter a credit card to download the free books although I did see where someone else said they did.

The Borders website is erratic. I had to try a couple of times.
Lynn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
ThomasMc
Disgusted with LDBoblo
ThomasMc doesn't litterThomasMc doesn't litter

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn2010 View Post
No, I didn't have to enter a credit card to download the free books although I did see where someone else said they did.
In that case, the books aren't DRM, as they use your credit card # as part of the encryption code. Many of their free books aren't encrypted, but I've found a few that are.

If you go to their website, and search for ebooks with 0.00 as the search term, you will find they have a lot more than 5 free books available.
ThomasMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
ThomasMc ..that's B&N who use the CC # for DRM ... Borders who are the ones that have these 5 free books use the standard Adobe DRM.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
ThomasMc
Disgusted with LDBoblo
ThomasMc doesn't litterThomasMc doesn't litter

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
ThomasMc ..that's B&N who use the CC # for DRM ... Borders who are the ones that have these 5 free books use the standard Adobe DRM.
Oops, my bad. I didn't see the "Borders" and thought it said Barnes.
ThomasMc is offline   Reply With Quote