Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #16
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Alan Weisman - The World Without Us
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #17
snape
Language Lover
snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.

Device: Current: PRS-350, Kindle PW // Previous: PRS-505, Kindle 1, Kindle 2
I'd second Mary Roach's Stiff - fascinating, funny, and a bit gruesome, usually all at the same time.

Not sure if it's available electronically, but Bob Berman's Secrets of the Night Sky was also very good.
snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" is excellent.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Anything by Brian Greene and Marcus Chown is good as already mentioned. I have 'Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You" by Chown as an e-book and it's good.

John Gribbin is also a readable science writer. I'm not sure whether it's available as an e-book, but 'Science: A History' by him is particularly good.

I have H.A. Lorentz's 'The Einstein Theory of Relativity' on my PRS505 and I'm pretty sure that's generally available from Project Gutenberg etc for free (haven't read it yet so can't comment on it).

As a Calibre user, I also regularly use the new feeds there to download things like New Scientist (there are plenty of Science based mags available via Calibre).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recommendation, science