Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
ATown
ATown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre won't stay open

Hi! I have downloaded Calibre2, set it up, and it won't stay open. I open it, it runs for a max of about 30 seconds, then just quits. I have uninstalled/re-installed, I have restarted the computer, I have tried running it as administrator. . .and all to no avail. It loads just fine, but once I get to the main screen, it just quits on me. I am at a loss as to what to do. I am on a decent computer with plenty of room on the disk space, and I am running either Windows xp or vista - I can't remember.
ATown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
See the FAQ in the manual
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ing-on-windows
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
ATown
ATown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have gone through all that, and to no avail. Still not starting up for me.
ATown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No log produced when running calibre in debug mode?
Quote:
If it still wont launch, start a command prompt (press the windows key and R; then type cmd.exe in the Run dialog that appears). At the command prompt type the following command and press Enter:

calibre-debug -g
Post any output you see in a help message on the Forum.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote