Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
drgnbear
Evil alien overlord.
drgnbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
All the Cool Kids are doing it... When mine was shipping I kept watching the fedex tracking until it said left on front step and then I ran home and got it.

I have a PRS-500 and then a PRS-505 and now the Kindle (If only I had waited to buy that 505). Kindle wins hands down. I am a bit dodgy about the case and cover design. Mine keeps slipping out if I am not careful but... It's all about content and functionality really.
drgnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #17
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnbear View Post
I am a bit dodgy about the case and cover design. Mine keeps slipping out if I am not careful but... It's all about content and functionality really.
I don't even bother trying to use it in the case. I put it to sleep and carry it around in the case but take it out before using it. With all the publicity the Kindle is getting I'll bet one of the PDA case makers comes out with a better one before long.

Bob
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #18
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
@gregr209

Did yours come yet? Mine's here and I love it! Such a joy to use. I was just wondering if yours came registered like the ones that came in the first round. Mine didn't. I had to register it by hand. Still, it's working wonderfully. I'm already halfway through my first book. You really do forget it's not a pbook.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #19
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
@gregr209

Did yours come yet? Mine's here and I love it! Such a joy to use. I was just wondering if yours came registered like the ones that came in the first round. Mine didn't. I had to register it by hand. Still, it's working wonderfully. I'm already halfway through my first book. You really do forget it's not a pbook.
Mine did come...late in the day as I expected. Mine didn't come registered either. However once I did register it all the content I had wanted quickly uploaded to the device and I was in heaven! So far so good. I went out and got a book light just moments ago in hopes for some late night reading in bed :-)

I can't wait to read the SF Chronicle on BART tomorrow morning :-)

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote