Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Cyba.Cowboy
Member Retired
Cyba.Cowboy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Reader
Question Acrobat-->PRS-T1 Reader Recommended Settings?

What settings does everyone recommend for converting Portable Document Format (".pdf") documents into Electronic Publication (".epub") eBooks, when using the Sony PRS-T1 Reader?

I've played around with the settings a fair bit, but I'm still having a number of issues mirroring the PDF document in EPUB format...

For example, one of my PDF documents is 286 pages, but 217 pages once converted to EPUB; another is 800 pages in PDF format, and 656 in EPUB format whilst the last document is 15 pages in PDF format, and 10 in EPUB format.

Also, the embedded cover image (i.e. the first page of the PDF, which has an image of the printed version's cover) is split over two pages or when it is the correct image, it is followed by a slightly different image on the next page (part of the cover image has been re-arranged).

At first I thought that it was just the font that I am using on my PRS-T1, however this does not appear to affect the number of pages or the cover image.

It's really quite frustrating, because the files I am referring to are (unrestricted) Government documents that I rely on for work, and the current end result makes the EPUB difficult to read...

The documents I am trying to convert are:
* "Aust Dangerous Goods Code 7th Edition October 2011" and "ADG7 How the 2011 electronic version differs from the 2007 printed version" - http://www.ntc.gov.au/viewpage.aspx?...ocumentId=1147
* "Australian Code for the Transport of Explosives by Road and Rail - 3rd edition" - http://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/...rdEdition.aspx

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Cyba.Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
PDF to any format is not a good way of doing a conversion as has been detailed many times here. Convert the pdf to html filtered in Acrobat / Word etc and then convert from that intermediate format to ePub.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
conversion, conversion from .pdf, conversion pdf pages, conversion to epub, sony prs-t1 reader