Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
File names in File explorer

Hello,

I am a new happy owner of a M92
and I would be very grateful for the answers
to the following two questions:

1. Is there a method to display in the file explorer
the full name of the file?
(My files have long names including the publisher etc
and they are truncated).

2. What should be the content of a file (probably .oar)
in order to open a pdf file "book 1.pdf" (from another directory)
with the default viewer (in file explorer)?

Thank you,
V.
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
noctifer
noctifer began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hey, I have a somewhat related problem.

The default file explorer in my boox keeps renaming the pdfs on the screen to whatever is saved in the "Title" filed in the pdf properties. I have thousands of pdfs that are named by Author-Title and displayed accordingly on my laptop. When I move them to boox, it changes all the names right in front of my eyes and since often the "title" encoded in the pdf properties is some random set of letters and numbers, and not the actual title, the file names become unusable and I have to open each to figure out what the article actually is. When I try to rename the file, it displays the correct name in the file name field...
Of course, exploring the same files in the OTFM file manager does not cause the same problem.

Is there any fix for this behavior?

Also, the explorer is extremely slow to open my Mendeley folder that stores around 4000 fles.
noctifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
@noctifer, I suppose that you have to issues. About the file names, I suppose that the metadata of the file are displayed and not the name of the file. This is an option in the last firmware. The second issue could be the option in the firmware which extract the data before opening a folder : it's long if you have many books. You could change this behavior.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
To make it more clear. In the latest firmware, there are two options which address your problems.

1) It is possible to set file explorer to show file name instead of doc metadata, which are often useless (Creators of pdf do not put correct info to file metadata).
2) It is possible to set file explorer not to search for metadata in all files in folder.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
noctifer
noctifer began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Great, so how do I do this? Where can I set those options?
noctifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
This 2 options are in the setup, in the same place where you can choose your preferred application to read EPUB or PDF files.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote