Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Kindle Touch chess

I wrote a chess game for kindle touch (Kchess) that is based on http://p4wn.sourceforge.net's sven (6k) engine. Install like any launcher extension.
Attached Files
File Type: gz kchess.tar.gz (12.1 KB, 2460 views)
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
looser
looser began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch SO
Good work. Tnx
looser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
SMR
SMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
How do I get it work ?
SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Install gui launcher then put the kchess in the folder called extensions on the usb.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
tradingbr
tradingbr began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Nice

This is pretty awesome, I always wanted to play chess on KT. There are some challenges though
-The computer is quite silly and gives pieces away even on hard
-Movement is a big buggy, sometimes the pieces will make illegal moves and the game will sorta crash

Isn't there a better chess engine that can be transported to the KT?
tradingbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

I've tried this out and it has been very buggy for me :/
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Exclamation Kind of off-topic, but...

For those that wanted to play Chess on KT, even if not free (1 dollar):
http://www.amazon.com/Chess/dp/B004KACWZW works well. I bought initially for K3, but later saw it avaiable for Touch too.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #8
aditya3098
Guru

Anyone know a javascript chess engine that is good (totally forget the one on javascriptsource it it puts wiered charecters all over my screen).
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
spamcop
spamcop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Talking chess for kindle touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
For those that wanted to play Chess on KT, even if not free (1 dollar):
http://www.amazon.com/Chess/dp/B004KACWZW works well. I bought initially for K3, but later saw it avaiable for Touch too.
^^^ most useful ansver! It is really steal for 1 dollar, and is native app for Kindle Touch! What could I possibly want more? Eink reader with chess, yaaay!
spamcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
aditya3098
Guru

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamcop View Post
^^^ most useful ansver! It is really steal for 1 dollar, and is native app for Kindle Touch! What could I possibly want more? Eink reader with chess, yaaay!
What about us unregisrtered users?
Again, js chess anyone?
As for native, hello, WAF!

Last edited by aditya3098; 03-13-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
tradingbr
tradingbr began at the beginning.

Device: KT
OP,
are you going to improve on this program?I can't buy the amazon one(it wont let me) so I'm looking for an alternative that is harder and less buggy
tradingbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
aditya3098
Guru

Remember, I don't write the game, I just use an online js game and kindleify it. I am still refining my search strings please wait!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Hopefully it will be something with clean (non-obfuscated) code.
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
Casperus
Casperus began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Install gui launcher then put the kchess in the folder called extensions on the usb.
I just got a kindle touch and I'm having some troubles installing the app because there is no install file. I extracted the Kchess directory on the root of my kindle, but I get lost from here. Once I open my kindle I cannot see the directory nor is there a way to access it and see what I put on there.

Also I cannot install it from my computer, at best I can extract the files on my kindle memory but I do not see these on the kindle.

Could anyone please tell me how to see/run this app once I have copied it to kindle?

Thanks a lot!
Casperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperus View Post
I'm having some troubles installing the app because there is no install file. I extracted the Kchess directory on the root of my kindle, but I get lost from here
  1. install jailbreak http://yifan.lu/p/kindle-touch-jailbreak/
  2. install launcher https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161263
  3. copy Kchess folder to the extensions folder which will be created after innstallation of launcher
  4. restart Kindle

Last edited by thomass; 03-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote