Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question PRS+ not seeing collections

I just installed PRS+ on my reader today. The only thing I did to once it was launched, was to add the correct time to the clock. I loaded my books using Calibre (version 0.7.12). I organize my books by series (collections). After being loaded, the correct number of collections was seen. I tried to open a book but got an invalid page notification. I shut off the reader. Upon starting again, it had to start over. It didn't see the files on my MS/SD cards. I ejected the cards and re-inserted them (one at a time). Now the reader doesn't see the correct number of collections. It sees only the ones on the internal memory. The number for author and title is correct. How do I fix this?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
Upon starting again, it had to start over. It didn't see the files on my MS/SD cards. I ejected the cards and re-inserted them (one at a time). Now the reader doesn't see the correct number of collections. It sees only the ones on the internal memory. The number for author and title is correct. How do I fix this?
I don't use SD cards on my reader and don't have my 505 with me, but you've run into a major feature of PRS+. Go to PRS+ settings - browse folders - SD/MS card scan settings. I believe PRS+ might not be scanning your SD card. this is so folks can put 1000s of books on their cards and not have to wait for the 505 to scan them all into its database. Just find the setting and enable the SD card scan.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-08-2011 at 02:39 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Hi BeccaAnn,

PRS+ works with collections just fine. (even though there is hardly a need to use them, since you already have folders)

Please check if collections work as you expect them to if reader is in 'safe mode" (you can enter safe mode (when prs+ doesn't start) by having it connected to USB during boot (startup)).

It wasn't worth creating a new thread, as there already is a support thread for PRS+ on this subforum.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the quick replies. I've been to busy to reply back. The card scan was enabled (which is why I could see the correct numbers for author & title). I couldn't get safe mode to work. I decided to just delete everything off the card and reload. That seems to have done the trick. I don't know why it didn't work the first time.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
I don't know why it didn't work the first time.
Corrupted file system sometimes needs 2-3 restarts to get fixed.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
collections, memory cards, prs+