Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #466
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I checked mine and all wma are still available this would be READS, FLP and BKlyn. Are you using the full site on your desktop/laptop to check for WMA? I don't think WMA appears on the mobile site.
Yeah I am using my desktop. Guess I am going to have to contact my Library and see why wma is missing now. I may have to join an out of state library! Mine is Greater Phoenix Digital Library. I just went to Los Angeles and Cleveland Library online and they only have mp3. I went to Overdrive there were links for partners and I tried two of them. Wonder if wma is going out the door.

Blossom I just tried Brooklyn Library and it only has drop down for mp3, no wma! Yes I am on a Mac but I have always reserved them and checked them out on it and then go to my Windows laptop and download them. I guess I will try my laptop. But don't think that is it. I sent an email to my Library.

Last edited by new; 06-29-2013 at 12:43 AM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #467
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Yeah I am using my desktop. Guess I am going to have to contact my Library and see why wma is missing now. I may have to join an out of state library! Mine is Greater Phoenix Digital Library. I just went to Los Angeles and Cleveland Library online and they only have mp3.
Maybe you're using the mobile site *link* on your desktop. I happened to be signed into CLEVNET. When I did an advanced search for WMA audiobook format, it brought back 16,746 results!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #468
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Yeah I am using my desktop. Guess I am going to have to contact my Library and see why wma is missing now. I may have to join an out of state library! Mine is Greater Phoenix Digital Library. I just went to Los Angeles and Cleveland Library online and they only have mp3. I went to Overdrive there were links for partners and I tried two of them. Wonder if wma is going out the door.

Blossom I just tried Brooklyn Library and it only has drop down for mp3, no wma! Yes I am on a Mac but I have always reserved them and checked them out on it and then go to my Windows laptop and download them. I guess I will try my laptop. But don't think that is it. I sent an email to my Library.
Are you on the right page on Bklyn? From the main page, scroll to Most Popular Audiobooks click that link then on the right you will see the Format click that and on there will be a link to WMA books. Same from any library like CLEVNET or Phoenix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wma.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	107440   Click image for larger version

Name:	wma2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	107441   Click image for larger version

Name:	wma3.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	107442  

Last edited by Blossom; 06-29-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #469
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
new, I use the Los Angeles Public Library and am able to checkout WMA audiobooks (just downloaded one from my wish list). Are you signed in when you look (I don't know if that makes a difference or not)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wma.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	107475  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #470
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
new, I use the Los Angeles Public Library and am able to checkout WMA audiobooks (just downloaded one from my wish list). Are you signed in when you look (I don't know if that makes a difference or not)?
Thanks Daffy4u, Blossom and FizzyWater, yes I sign on, and yes I am on the regular desktop. I also have tried numerous ways to access audiobooks even through Advanced Search and they only show mp3. I guess when they did their major update months ago they made it spy on your computer and see you have a Mac and can't download wma. I guess.... I tried to turn on my Acer laptop (bought when I bought the sansa zip clip recently, just for wma audiobooks) and the battery is dead. Plugged it in and still won't turn on..... So can't even try it.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #471
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Daffy4u, Blossom and FizzyWater, yes I sign on, and yes I am on the regular desktop. I also have tried numerous ways to access audiobooks even through Advanced Search and they only show mp3. I guess when they did their major update months ago they made it spy on your computer and see you have a Mac and can't download wma. I guess.... I tried to turn on my Acer laptop (bought when I bought the sansa zip clip recently, just for wma audiobooks) and the battery is dead. Plugged it in and still won't turn on..... So can't even try it.
I did a little Googling. It looks as though there is a way to make Safari appear as though it is a browser on a Windows computer (with user agents). I don't have a Mac so I can't test it but try this (or similar Google search):

http://www.davidalison.com/2008/05/h...nd-its-ie.html

BTW, I tried the Overdrive and LAPL to Go apps on my GS3 and I could only see mp3s because my phone does not support wma (even for the audiobook I downloaded this morning).

Last edited by daffy4u; 06-29-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #472
new

Quote:
I did a little Googling. It looks as though there is a way to make Safari appear as though it is a browser on a Windows computer (with user agents). I don't have a Mac so I can't test it but try this (or similar Google search):

BTW, I tried the Overdrive and LAPL to Go apps on my GS3 and I could only see mp3s because my phone does not support wma (even for the audiobook I downloaded this morning).
Thanks I will take a look at the link. I googled wma missing for Mac and couldn't find anything. I can't be the first to notice this. Actually it has been since they changed Overdrive more than likely. Since my laptop battery died.

I did finally get it charged and low and behold the wma is on their website. I plan to complain to my 3 libraries because I should be able to hold wma on my Mac and see what they have. I use to be able to do this on their old website. I was hoping they were going to buy more mp3 audiobooks. No such luck. Wish buying mp3 audiobooks were cheaper. I tried Audible not a fan either.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I am not a fan of Windows 7. So won't be using it much. Also broke the clip on my Sansa Zip Clip today.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #473
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Thanks I will take a look at the link. I googled wma missing for Mac and couldn't find anything. I can't be the first to notice this. Actually it has been since they changed Overdrive more than likely. Since my laptop battery died.
I use a Mac and could still see both formats when they first changed the Overdrive site, but weeks ago I noticed that only mp3 audiobooks showed up. Makes sense, libraries probably got tired of fielding questions about how to play WMA audiobooks from people who didn't have compatible devices or software.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #474
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I use a Mac and could still see both formats when they first changed the Overdrive site, but weeks ago I noticed that only mp3 audiobooks showed up. Makes sense, libraries probably got tired of fielding questions about how to play WMA audiobooks from people who didn't have compatible devices or software.
Would have been nice if they mentioned that on their website! Sure wasted enough time trying to figure it out.

In a perfect computer world I wish they had one kind of audiobook type and it works on any computer, any device. Yeah right.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #475
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Free from Audible: Why Gettysburg Mattered: 150 Years Later (Bonus Material: The Gettysburg Address) http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B00DGX0S5K
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #476
new

Quote:

Thanks Daffy4u, it works! I can check out wma and reserve wma. Then I can just download on my slow Windows laptop.

Thanks a bunch. It makes it easier than having to haul the laptop out just to look and reserve wma.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #477
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Thanks Daffy4u, it works! I can check out wma and reserve wma. Then I can just download on my slow Windows laptop.
Hurray!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #478
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hmmm, I got an email reminding me that the Tantor 50% everything ends this weekend, but when I go into the page, all the downloads (so far, I'm looking by date) are showing as $4.99, which is lower than 50% off the ones I've seen so far!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #479
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Hmmm, I got an email reminding me that the Tantor 50% everything ends this weekend, but when I go into the page, all the downloads (so far, I'm looking by date) are showing as $4.99, which is lower than 50% off the ones I've seen so far!
Thanks, FizzyWater! I picked up three books for $15. At half price, they would've been $30, so this was a great bargain. I may go in search of a few more books before the day is done!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #480
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I got an email from Tantor this morning, all direct downloads $4.99, today only.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote