Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Tono1
Tono1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
PDF 2 pages side by side convert to KINDLE

I have a PDF book each page formatted to show 2 pages side by side. I am trying Calibre to convert to MOBI but the result is all mixed up. Does anybody know what to do? I have been looking at pdfscissors but could not find a solution there. Thank you.
Tono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Tono1 , you might have better luck posting this on the Calibre forum..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I just used pdf-scissors on a breadmaking recipe booklet that came with the breadmaker.

It had two recipes on each page, side-by-side. In Scissors you can select each column (page), at the same time - that is select the left column and click on that top row selection tool again and select the right column so both columns are highlighted. Then chose the SAVE icon. It will create a pdf in consecutive order left-right, etc.

Actually, the darn booklet had a 3 column table of contents. So I first selected all three columns left to right. It created a pdf with each page in 3 parts but I only wanted the table of contents. So I used pdf edit to select just those 3 pages from that version and pasted those into the second, two-column pdf and deleted the "bad" toc.

I have not had a chance to view it yet....

Spurred me on - Looks great - I did not use Calibre but just copied the pdf to the k3. Fonts might be considered small but some but much better than the wider pages of the original manual.

Last edited by FF2; 11-18-2010 at 09:56 AM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tono1 View Post
I have a PDF book each page formatted to show 2 pages side by side. [...] I have been looking at pdfscissors but could not find a solution there.
What was the problem? You could have 4 blocks:
left side page- block 1 on top and block 2 on bottom;
right side page - block 3 on top and block 4 on bottom.

Should get you nice sized text in the correct order, with minimal fuss. Or were the pages not so visible in the stacked pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
I just used pdf-scissors on a breadmaking recipe booklet that came with the breadmaker.

It had two recipes on each page, side-by-side.

[...]

Spurred me on - Looks great - I did not use Calibre but just copied the pdf to the k3. Fonts might be considered small but some but much better than the wider pages of the original manual.
The fonts should have been nice and large if you had used four blocks instead of two as described above. Though perhaps you preferred more content on a page? Or horizontal slices cut through pictures or graphs?

Last edited by jj2me; 11-18-2010 at 01:52 PM.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
kool
kool began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500; iPad; K3
Try this. It should help you.
kool is offline   Reply With Quote