Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
mauvais
mauvais began at the beginning.

Device: none
Missing style sheet

Anyone had this problem? My Nook suddenly can't find the style sheet for a book I've been working on! The ebook renders fine on iBooks, Kindle for iPad, and Kindle Previewer, but for some reason the Nook skips the style sheet completely! Very frustrating. It was working fine through many iterations.

Please don't tell me I have to start all over.
mauvais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
mauvais

A little more information: This seemed to happen after I used the "Download metadata" feature. That makes me think there's a character being used in the metadata which breaks the epub on the Nook.

Although I tried exporting a brand new epub from the InDesign document and saving with the same file name to see if the CSS was working. Same result -- style sheet not being seen, which now makes me think I need to clear the cache.
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
mauvais

Problem solved! I narrowed it down to the style sheet itself, then discovered a missing friggin' colon.

p.style {
margin 0 0 0 0;
}

where it should have been:

p.style {
margin : 0 0 0 0;
}

Lesson learned! Apparently, any mistakes in the style sheet will crap out on the Nook, while the book will be read fine on most other devices/software.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvais View Post
Apparently, any mistakes in the style sheet will crap out on the Nook
This is correct. The Adobe Reader Mobile software in NOOK is very finicky about the CSS.

A quicker test is to try to open it in Adobe Digital Editions, which basically uses the same software. Then you don't need to download to NOOK.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote