Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
fuli42
fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.

Device: Bokeen Odyssey, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx M96, Onyx i86
Neoreader epub notes save location

Hello,

Does anyone know where the Neoreader app saves the notes that I add to an epub document?

Thanks!
fuli42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
After you choose the option to export your notes and highlights a folder with the exported notes should appear in the directory of the book.
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
fuli42
fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.

Yeah that's what I thought at first. It works with pdf docs, but in my epub file I don't get the export option.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #4
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

The Neoreader on my M96 gives me that option. Then again, I have the 1.7.0 firmware from onyx-international... Perhaps you could try some other reading app like Oreader. I remember it exports highlights as well, and is a good app on the whole.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:24 AM   #5
fuli42

I've tried the Oreader app, I think I have version 1.5923. It looks promising, I like that you can scroll the book by line. It's really practical for books that contain code blocks – I can scroll the whole code block into view.
I also prefer to highlighting method of the Oreader.

So now that I'm sold, I have to questions:

- The Oreader doesn't seem to respect the formatting of my epub. It uses a sans-serif + monospace font, but Oreader displays everything in sans-serif. Also the indentations are not respected which is again important for reading code examples.

- While I can highlight text and edit "citations" I cannot jump to notes - I'm taken to the cover page and cannot navigate.
Advert
Old 04-29-2015, 04:42 AM   #6
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast

It's true, Oreader disregards formatting. With many of the books I tried it wasn't a problem, since it was even able to reproduce font differences and indents in some readable way. I've just tried a more complicated epub with tables, formulas etc. and I see it's a total mess. So I guess it doesn't always work properly.

I have the same issue with jumping to notes, which is strange because I remember it working fine with some previous version...

What can I say. The onyx reading apps are far from flawless - and it's very annoying.