Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fictionwise, Secure Mobipocket and Updates

I have bought a large number of books at Fictionwise over the years, including nearly 500 DRMed Mobipocket ebooks.

I lost access to some of these (less than 10) when one of the Mobipocket servers withdrew from Fictionwise.

But the rest are still available for download. I last downloaded them all in June 2010, in case they too became unavailable.

I am currently reading one of them, and found it had some dreadful formatting errors. Rather to my surprise, I've found that the current version available for download from my Fictionwise bookshelf has been updated and the errors have been fixed. This is an update since June 2010.

Unfortunately, the bulk download of Secure Mobipocket books seems to be broken, but if you have Secure (DRMed) Mobipocket books in your Fictionwise bookshelf, it's probably worth re-downloading them every so often, to get the latest updates.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Yep, I just went and checked - I even have one I can still download in Secure MS-Lit format (Although I have nothing that will read it anymore).

What annoys me is that 79 books I've purchased have just vanished from Fictionwise - not expired, just gone.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert