Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
My Kindle Touch got discharged in less than a day.

I think I posted this before ... but my KT is suffering of this problem again, actually, I think wasn't cured.

The thing is, if 3G is on, it takes one night and next day us dead.

This started to occur when I accidentally let it run out of battery, because I was using my PW more. Since then, the problem hasn't being fixed.

Broken battery?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Tons of books on it? Could be the index is mangled in some way and it is constantly re-indexing. Had that on a DX once.

Or perhaps battery really is foofed. Did you try any tests on it. Have you tried the obvious "hold down the power button for 30s reset" just in case some spurious process is eating processing time...

Can't think of any other better suggestions right now, other than of course running the Battery Report thingy via KUAL to maybe get a sense of if it is capable of holding charge. HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote