Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #61
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Porkupan has implemented the translation of the menus into FR, DE, ES and Polish, I think. Could you merge it?

The link is here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27371
I'll be working on a new release this weekend.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #62
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssKayEss View Post
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your simple PRSCustomizer, makes things so much easier.

Thanks also to Igorsk for the original hardwork it getting the hacks to work in the first place.

This is my customized PRS 505.

I have modified your original 210x70 template to include the gradient at the bottom and colored it with a black background. So all that is needed is to create your customized logo over this template and drop it over kBookAssets.png once done. This will merge seamlessly over the original.

Also attaching 3 versions of icons which have been released on this board so far.

Thanks, EssKayEss!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #63
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgs View Post
Thanks Jeff, I just got my 505 yesterday, I've now updated the firmware and reflashed it. Love the clock, icons and joystick hacks.

Thank you, Higgs!

Just to be clear, the only hack I personally came up with is the About Screen. All kudos to Igorsk, Porkupan,JSWolf and many others in the community!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #64
nemolivier
nemolivier began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I'll be working on a new release this weekend.
I was about to ask the question… thank’s a lot. And for the python version, it’s great that I don’t need to find a windows for this

NémOlivier.
nemolivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #65
JeffElkins
Guru

PRSCustomizer V0.03: New Release

The new release is up. Among other things, it includes porkupan's localization routines.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #66
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
The new release is up. Among other things, it includes porkupan's localization routines.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #67
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Turns out it was the micro SD card, i just found my regular old SD card and it worked like a charm.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #68
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Thanks for this helpful mod, it looks easy!

One thing to clarify, by "Unicode fonts with Cyrillic Support", does that mean it will support Traditional and/or Simplified Chinese ebooks?
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #69
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
Thanks for this helpful mod, it looks easy!

One thing to clarify, by "Unicode fonts with Cyrillic Support", does that mean it will support Traditional and/or Simplified Chinese ebooks?
Sorry, I don't think so. These were provided by porkupan for Russian support.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #70
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Turns out it was the micro SD card, i just found my regular old SD card and it worked like a charm.
Glad it's resolved!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #71
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Quote:
Sorry, I don't think so. These were provided by porkupan for Russian support.
thats ok, it's a great mod none the less, hopefully, trad and simp chinese can be incorporated in it soon.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #72
GuardianZX9
GuardianZX9 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader x 2
Finally got mine to work. Thanks for a great program.

One question, is there any to add play controls for audio
while reading a book? maybe play/pause with the enter button?

Thanks
G
GuardianZX9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #73
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
I just downloaded prscustomizer 0.30 and ran the mac osx version. I followed all the instruction precisely. I placed the sd card in my prs and after choosing option 5 got a message on the screen saying:
sorry this firmware version is not supported:

wazzup?

Scott
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #74
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
sorry - v.0.03
and I installed the new firmware previously and have attempted no other hacks.
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #75
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
sorry - v.0.03
and I installed the new firmware previously and have attempted no other hacks.
Use option 7 on the card to reset the firmware version to 0.0.0.0 so the sony updater will work again. apply the firmware update, then go with 5 and 6 again. Good luck.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote