Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question about Margins

Hello,
I have a question about margin settings in the built in reader. I converted a .lit file to .epub and increased the margins from 5 to 10 to give a little more space on all the sides. The first time I viewed the file it seemed to keep to the larger margins. After I played with resizing the reader window it seems that it lost the additional margin padding and now appears to display the text back at the default narrow margins. Is there a setting for this in the reader so it always pads the margins?

On another note, is there a setting to make/force scrolling the mousewheel perform a pagedown/pageup instead of individual lines?

Love this program!
Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
hmm that's an odd bug. Open a ticket and attach the epub file. And no, there isn't (yet) a way to customize the shortcuts in the viewer app.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Ok, I did a little more investigation on this and realized my initial understanding of the symptoms was not correct. I thought it was adding margins because the particular book I was converting has several pages that already have "wide" margins. I went ahead and reconverted the book again and noticed that the actual book text was never showing the added margin size. I tested another tittle and found it worked correctly-even after resizing. It appears like it may be something with that particular title (one of the baen free ones). I've gone ahead and submitted the epub file.

BTW - I love the new sorting feature!

Thanks!
Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote