Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #361
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
And from last year

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #362
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Who went to Walmart and can you spot yourself in the first video?
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #363
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Here's an online deal at Walmart:

Keep in mind that various stores are selling new ones for $179; and I think for $170 at Costco.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #364
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Couldn't someone mail some to you in an envelope? Would your Customs scan the letter and confiscate it or hit it with import fees or impose a VAT?
I guess that wouldn't be a problem. No, customs don't care about some microSD cards.

That video is sick.
How large are the savings for people submitting themselves to that kind of chaos?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #365
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
That video is sick.
How large are the savings for people submitting themselves to that kind of chaos?
Take a look at the ad. Walmart's a strange store. They sell quality name brand electronics right alongside cheap no name junk. People who shop there are generally low income.

I shop there occasionally for specific items. Earlier this year, I went there twice to get a Kindle Fire ($149) and a couple of Kindle 4s ($49). But mostly, I shop at Costco and Fred Meyer.

I would never go to Walmart on Black Friday. My mama didn't raise no stupid monkey.
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #366
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Wish me luck, I ordered it from Amazon! I really want more control over my music and books and audiobooks. Itunes drives me nuts.

Thanks for your help. I will have tons of questions next week.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Great - could you perhaps start a new thread in the "Android devices" area so that the Q/A for new SGP5 users are all together?

I'll probably have a few more questions - but in January.

Meanwhile, a friend here just showed up with a new KFHD and gave it to me to set-up (read: play with) for a couple of weeks! This will be fun
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #367
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The 32GB SanDisk mSD card is on sale again for $15 at Amazon Lightning Deals.

So far, 30% claimed with 2h 45m remaining.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #368
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Please visit the OP for up to date info on the sales.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #369
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
People who shop there are generally low income.
Hey! I shop at Wally World all the time!! I think I'm offended!
Actually, for grocery staples they have the cheapest prices in town. We have Wally World or high end grocery stores. Let's face it, Kraft Mac and Cheese is the same no matter where I buy it. Wally World it is! Our closest Costco is about an hour away, by the way, and our Target grocery is expensive!
But I don't think you could pay me enough to go there today!!! Or this whole weekend for that matter!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #370
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Hey! I shop at Wally World all the time!! I think I'm offended!
Actually, for grocery staples they have the cheapest prices in town. We have Wally World or high end grocery stores. Let's face it, Kraft Mac and Cheese is the same no matter where I buy it. Wally World it is! Our closest Costco is about an hour away, by the way, and our Target grocery is expensive!
But I don't think you could pay me enough to go there today!!! Or this whole weekend for that matter!
S
I shop there too, which is why I qualified it with generally. I didn't want to offend myself.

For me, Fred Meyer and Costco grocery prices are lower.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #371
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
The 32GB SanDisk mSD card is on sale again for $15 at Amazon Lightning Deals.

So far, 30% claimed with 2h 45m remaining.
As of now, only 59% claimed. Great deal if I buy several -- otherwise the S/H kills it unless one has Prime.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #372
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I wish we had a Costco! I don't know why we don't have one here.
Never heard of Fred Meyer.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #373
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
As of now, only 59% claimed. Great deal if I buy several -- otherwise the S/H kills it unless one has Prime.
Amazon wants you to buy two
Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #374
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I wish we had a Costco! I don't know why we don't have one here.
Never heard of Fred Meyer.
S
Me, too. We have one but it's all the way across town from where we live. We have a Sam's Club about a mile away, though. I like Costco better, but not willing to make that drive.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #375
DianNC
Banned

Quote:
Amazon wants you to buy two
Actually, they said 3 would do it

Thanks for this wonderful thread, BTW. I've had the BEST time reading it over the past few days!