Google - I'm a droid 45 21.53%
Amazon - love my KF 15 7.18%
None of the Above 48 22.97%
I resent your implying I must choose 82 39.23%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #61
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Mainly android (Phone and tablet) but I do love my kindles to death and generally like amazon as a company. I also like windows PC's. So pretty much everyone but Apple who I detest.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #62
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
I didn't vote in the poll, since none of the options (not even 'none of the above') really work for me.

I love Amazon -- I spend *way* too much money with them for dead trees. I have never bought an ebook from them, however, and am not very likely to. It's not impossible, just unlikely -- I'd prefer not to have to go through the DRM-breaking exercise. I have a Prime membership, but I use it for free shipping, not streaming.

I have an Android phone, which I love. I'm not heavily "invested" in it, at least not financially -- I've spent about $15 in apps for it since I started with Android 3 years ago. There are a ton of excellent free apps. I did pick of a Nexus 7, and it's OK -- I don't have a lot of use for a tablet, but it's nice enough. I don't read (books) on either the phone or the tablet, too hard on my eyes. The tablet does seem to work fairly well for reading short form stuff like my Linux Journal magazine, but I don't find myself reading short form often.

I mainly read on a PocketBook 360, although there's a 360+ on its way since I seem to have damaged the corner of the screen on the 360 and it's streaking. I also have a couple of old Sonys (PRS500 and 505) and a 5" Astak EZ-Reader, but the Pocketbook is the ideal reader for me. Fits in my pocket, doesn't have a touchscreen, very customizable, almost perfect. If only it had Pearl...

No iDevices for me -- they're too limited. They do what they're designed to do very well. But they're less flexible, and are limited to what Apple thinks would be a good idea. I have a Macbook Pro, and it's nice enough -- but again, it's limited to what Steve thought would be a good idea. Whenever I use it I'm always wishing I had my Linux laptop with me. So most of the time I just carry that.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #63
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
I have no use for Apple whatsoever.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #64
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Well, I guess I just became a Droid. Last night my refurb Acer Iconia a200 arrived. Honestly, platform aside, I didn't get tablets until now. Didn't see a place in my life for one. A good deal on wal-mart's website convinced me to try, knowing I could sell it if I hated it. But it's love. I'm on the back porch with my tablet and coffee and this is awesome.

Apple products aren't for me for a variety of reasons with the exception of my iPod classic, just personal choice. But I always thought I wouldn't be happy with anything less than a full OS tablet (ie, Surface Pro). I was wrong. I am a Droid. Can I change my vote? :-)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #65
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Well, I guess I just became a Droid. Last night my refurb Acer Iconia a200 arrived.
Ha! Just bought two of these for my twins. The school board here has a "bring your tech to school" policy (they're in grade 3), and unfortunately the Kobo Vox that they have already won't cut it for school work (no bluetooth or microphone). Even with the case and bluetooth keyboard (two of each) it still came out cheaper and lighter than buying the cheapest netbooks I could find. Besides, they share a fullblown laptop at home.

BTW this is a great case (got one purple and one red ). The pictures don't show it, but it works in portrait as well as landscape, and the back has a grid of holes for the speaker ports. Also, this keyboard works well with Android, though with the A200, you can use a usb keyboard as well (it'll drain your battery quicker though)
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #66
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
BTW this is a great case (got one purple and one red ). The pictures don't show it, but it works in portrait as well as landscape, and the back has a grid of holes for the speaker ports. Also, this keyboard works well with Android, though with the A200, you can use a usb keyboard as well (it'll drain your battery quicker though)
Thanks for the case tip. I've been trying to decide on one so it's nice to hear first-hand experience. Karma to you!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you download an app from Apple that is free and later on it becomes pay, it is still yours. You own it unlike Amazon (from Sydney's Mom's post).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #68
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
but still Should'nt you have included windows 8 in your poll??

No!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #69
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have an IPad, used for gaming and reading, and Kindles, which are not used all that much any more. I find that I can read just fine on my IPad and I love playing my games. I will still use the Kindle for reading when travelling, save the battery life for playing games and watching videos. So I am an Apple, Kindle user.

I don't see myself using Android device anytime soon. I went with Apple because more of my friends use Apple products and it is easier for me to communicate and play games with them using an Apple. Now that I have bought a ton of Apple Apps, I can't see moving to Android and rebuying the apps.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote