Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you pre-ordered the Kindle Fire?
Already clicked that green button. Hurry up Amazon. 28 22.22%
Definitely will pre-order, just waiting until: home from work/payday/spouse approval etc 5 3.97%
Neither 93 73.81%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Have you pre-ordered the Kindle Fire (poll)

Keeping it simple for now. This isn't about general or possible future interest in purchase (or disinterest), but a poll of those who have already decided prior to release. *It is merely a raw count of a particular decision, not an adversarial opinion poll or percentage measurement. It's just easier than asking without a poll and then manually counting from responses.

Neither could mean you aren't interested at all, or may still be deciding, but I just wanted to get a feel for how many jumped on Fire right away. If you are disinterested or hesitant, ok, feel free to comment as such to contribute to amusing discussion. I was going to put this in Kindle forums, but General seemed a better fit since the Fire could conceivably appeal to non traditional kindle owners.

I set the poll to extend up until the day before release day, but I messed up my math. If a moderator would be so gracious as to change it to be open for votes until November 14th, that would be swell. If not, no biggie.

Edit: If you're undecided but think there's a chance you'll order sometime before release, feel free to hold off your vote til later (since you cant change the vote later, I dont think).

Last edited by OtterBooks; 09-28-2011 at 06:18 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Not planning on getting one any time soon, if at all, but then again, that's what I originally said about the iPhone, so who knows..... *shrug*
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Ordered 2 for children.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm happy with my 7" Galaxy Tab.

While the price of the Fire is attractive, it's got nothing I don't already have; plus a lot more.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
No, I never pre-order anything. And it's US only.

I might think about it when it have a price in euros.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't need a giant cell-phone that can't make phone calls.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'm still thinking about.

I'd like one, but I'd prefer a 10" screen, so maybe I'll wait. But, $200 is pretty cheap, so maybe I'll just get one.

I'm also thinking about getting one for my kids for Christmas. I'm also thinking about the $79 Kindles for my niece and nephew.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Makes it that much harder for the politicians to reach you with the robocalls come election time.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Lack of a definitive 'no' option is rather silly and biases the poll beyond all repair (and explaining the scope of 'Neither' in the OP doesn't help). I know I, for one, will never, EVER get a Kindle Fire, what with its browser being a man-in-the-middle by routing everything through its cloud servers - including SSL connections.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Lack of a definitive 'no' option is rather silly and biases the poll beyond all repair (and explaining the scope of 'Neither' in the OP doesn't help). I know I, for one, will never, EVER get a Kindle Fire, what with its browser being a man-in-the-middle by routing everything through its cloud servers - including SSL connections.
It's just a headcount, good sir, relax. Not an opinion poll. I just wanted an approximate number of people around here who pre-ordered, or will soon. That's all it does. It does not establish some kind of 'winner'. If you wish to make a "How do you feel about the Fire" poll, be my guest. Conversation about how contrary you are to buying it is more than welcome, of course, but the poll itself is merely a headcount. I understand that many people don't want one (heck, probably most people don't want one).

Last edited by OtterBooks; 09-28-2011 at 06:16 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
This. It's a pretty slick device but I already have a smartphone and give Amazon enough money. I'd consider a dirt cheap 10" to read digital comics, but that's all.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #12
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I ordered a new Kindle ereader. I don't need a tablet PC.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
Neither. Other than books, I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering in general. I like to wait and see reviews from those who have used the item hands on. Too much marketing hype & spin these days. Besides, with other 7" tablets coming out soon, I'd rather wait and have some fun comparison shopping
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I don't intend to buy one, though I think it's a great device. I'm happy with my stock Nook Color.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #15
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Well, besides being broke, I just really don't know what I would do with it.

I read on a K3. Games? I'm waiting to get one of those Sony Vitas. Movies/music? Too big, and I use my laptop for that.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote