Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Dipaksomak
Enthusiast
Dipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
multiple formats on same reader

I am not sure how to do this.
I am keeping a pdf on the main memory and a epub version on the sd card, but the reader will only display one.
Is there a way I can choose which format to open for reading ?

D

Last edited by Dipaksomak; 02-16-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo
Dipaksomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Are these library books i.e. borrowed from library probably also using Overdrive?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Dipaksomak
Enthusiast
Dipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of light

nope. just a downloaded book. pdf and then converted to epub and lrf using calibre. I wanted to have all on the reader at same time to see which format, pdf, epub or lrf was best for that book.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Which format displayed?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Since the Sony uses the metadata rather than file name to tell the difference, they are all overriding each other. You will need to have a different title or author for each, I believe.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Really? I have lots of books in multiple formats on my PRS-900 - and for just the same reason. I simply use calibre to load them both (i.e. copy across using "copy specific format").

Have you tried not having one on the SD card - simply copying both to the device memory?
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I've had books with the same name and format (either exact or slightly different) at the same time. It works fine. There is the pdf/epub issue with library checked out books I've been told.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #8
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've had books with the same name and format (either exact or slightly different) at the same time. It works fine. There is the pdf/epub issue with library checked out books I've been told.
Hmm, maybe I could be wrong on that... I've never bothered to probe it deeply, but I could have sworn I saw similar behavior. But with the reader having to merge multiple XML libraries together from each location (internal, and the cards), there might be a bug there.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
Dipaksomak
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
Really? I have lots of books in multiple formats on my PRS-900 - and for just the same reason. I simply use calibre to load them both (i.e. copy across using "copy specific format").

Have you tried not having one on the SD card - simply copying both to the device memory?
THat's a thought. I'll try that....but due to the pdf freeze option, I was keeping the memory space separate between pdf and epub.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #10
Dipaksomak
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Which format displayed?
Not ure... I think the one on the main memory...not on SD card. But I will check.