Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Smile Managed to get my own wallpaper to "stick" with Go Launcher

without having to root the device so that it does not revert back to the Kindle Fire Wallpaper after a sleep or restart. Very easy.

Follow the directions here:

1. http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...x2DGCKBA3DSAZN

2. Get the file Rotating Wallpaper v1.6 .apk here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?be8x1ajqxp9aw88

All you have to do is make sure the wallpaper you create is 1024 x 1024.

Works well. If you set the "rotate Interval" to 1 minute, you don't have to wait long.

You can also extract your favorite wallpaper from a Go Launcher theme pack. Just unzip the apk file (with 7zip or winrar) and look in the res folder for the wallpaper jpg. I then pasted the theme wallpaper (which is smaller than 1024 x 1024 into a 1024 x 1024 jpg in Paint Shop Pro (you can use any photo software) to make it larger and was able to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt How to for Go Launcher wallpaper.txt (9.9 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by Hope; 01-15-2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added attachment
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Attached are the two wallpapers I created for myself. I'm no artist! Just in case you want to try this out but have no time to make your own wallpaper.

The elephant is a picture from a visit to Zimbabwe last summer (their winter). It was an amazing experience - especially Victoria Falls (a must see in your lifetime, believe me!) and the National Parks with elephants, and giraffes crossing the roads right in front of you. Warthogs were my personal favorite though. At the Victoria Falls Park cabin we stayed in they wandered all around the cabins. The elephant was milling about in our cabin area at Hwange Park.
The people are wonderful, the weather just perfect, even the air smells sweet and clean (compared to U.S.), food fantastic. They use the dollar for currency and all speak excellent English (formerly Rhodesia) and have 96% literacy rate.

Wonderful country, beautiful weather - surprisingly! My son and daughter-in-law live there and took me all over the country; daughter-in-law works for the U.S. government in aid work and son is working on his PhD. from Harvard long distance.
The other wallpapers are ones that I have extracted from a theme.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elephant_blinds.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	81372   Click image for larger version

Name:	android.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	81373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Core.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	81406  

Last edited by Hope; 01-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert