Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Transfer to memory card problem

Yerterday I upgraded Calibre to 0.6.34. Now when I upload three books to the memory card, close calibre, pull the wire, wait, and then I dont see the books. If I transfer them to internal memory I have not any problem and can read the books perfectly.

Does anybody here have the same problem? How can be solved?

P.D.: they are two epub files and a pdf
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
First thing to do is try a different SD card/format your SD card (make sure to format it FAT 32).

After you transfer them, click the reader icon in calibre to see the books on your reader. Then click each book in turn, at the bottom of the screen you will see the path to the book on the SD card. Check if that path looks ok.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Tibor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
First thing to do is try a different SD card/format your SD card (make sure to format it FAT 32).

After you transfer them, click the reader icon in calibre to see the books on your reader. Then click each book in turn, at the bottom of the screen you will see the path to the book on the SD card. Check if that path looks ok.
Something very extrange is happening. I did what you said. The new books are been stored in the SD card under the path displayed in calibre, but all previous book were stored with m:\author/book_title/book_title - author.extension , but new ones are: m:\author/book_title - author.extension

Also I am havin other problems, it looks like all book in SD has loosed the category tags, so they dont appear under collestion menu.

Is this solvable?

thanks

Fermin

Last edited by Tibor; 01-23-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The default path that books are saved under has changed. I suggest deleting all files on your card and resending with calibre.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Tibor
Enthusiast

Quote:
The default path that books are saved under has changed. I suggest deleting all files on your card and resending with calibre.
OK, I will do. only one more question: If I resend them to sd, they will be stored again under non-default path, so I will not be able to see them in ereader, as is happening now. Before that, How can I restore default path?, the one I had before which was working...

thanks.
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The reader doesn't care what path files are stored at. It will scan all folders on the card.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Tibor
Enthusiast

I have formated the card and transfer my 401 books again. With a windows explorer I have seen they are all at the card, but the eReader only show 210. It is like calibre is not updating metadata index or something similar.

Any idea?
Old 01-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Did you format your card to FAT 32? The reader rescans the card on disconnect, so even if the metadata index is not updated, it doesn't matter
Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
Tibor
Enthusiast

I have just repeated. Format FAT32 and transfer all again..... and again the reader only "see" 210 books of 401 which are in the card. I am suspecting there is something wrong in the reader. What do you propose? A hard reset/re-flash??
Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I suggest trying a different SD card first
Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Also note that sd card has a limitation about the number of nodes in a single directory.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
Tibor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Also note that sd card has a limitation about the number of nodes in a single directory.
Hello Kovid,

I tested it with other SD, and the problems continued. Then I flashed and install PRS+ and it continued with the problem, so it is not a problem of calibre, the card or maybe the reader, but a problem with my books.

I noted I have 50 books with more than 5MB (even 12 books > 50 MB), basically pdfs with scanned images I usually dont use in the reader, so what I have done is to select 230 books, slow file size and more commonly used at the reader and they all now are showed in the file list.

Conclusion: a max nodes directory problem, as you said, or problems handling so many big files. I suppose.

Now, just only as curiosity, do you know what are the max nodes you told??

Thank you again,
Regards,
FS

Tags
memory card, problem, sync, transfer