Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, I plan to bump the versions of my plugins to 2.X when they're ready to indicate they're calibre 2.X compatible. Might be a decent convention to follow as most plugins are currently v0.X or v1.X.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I use several of kiwidude's other plugins regularly that I'll be willing to look at, time permitting.
I think I might cry if 'Modify Epub' isn't available for any length of time. I'm afraid that one's beyond my abilities though.

My one-and-only public plugin (Copy Cover) seemed straightforward enough to fix. I keep hoping it will die of old age but there are still new downloads so ... Whether anyone actively uses it, I don't know - not me, for sure.

Does anyone know when the big switch over is planned?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@davidfor,

Oops, posted just before I saw your PM. Could be in for a l-o-n-g night.
It was already a long night for me. I sent the PM and headed to bed.
Quote:
ETA: ... or maybe not Thank you, David

It seems removing the first red line and changing the second to
Code:
action.triggered.connect(slot)
is all that was needed.

Ah, the perils of having only a tenuous grasp on the whole concept of signals and slots and hoping for the best when blindly copying code from other people.
Isn't that how everyone writes code? For this, I had to go and do some reading on it and then I suddenly realised what it was. I like this style a lot more, especially in the windowing code.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've been battling with the Annotations plugin today and SIGNAL. All I have to say is: AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! That plus a couple of other things caught me a bit.

But, I think I have mine done now. Plus some others because I am impatient and I hadn't seen kiwidude around for a while. I have briefly talked to kiwidude about this and, as he is busy with work, he's happy for the help. I'm not quite ready to post them publicly, but a couple of extra testers would be good. The plugins I have done are: Annotations, Count Pages, Kobo Utilities, Open With, Reading List, Smart Eject. And the metadata source plugins: Fantastic Fiction, Goodreads and (brand new) KoboBooks.

If someone wants to test these, send me a PM and I'll send a link back tomorrow. And if anyone wants to add to collection, I'll put them up as well.
Any chance of working on the new Modify ePub that has the span removal and kepub cleanup? This is one plugin I use a lot. I would think it's a popular plugin. I'd be happy to test most of it (cannot test the kepub cleanup),
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think I might cry if 'Modify Epub' isn't available for any length of time. I'm afraid that one's beyond my abilities though.

My one-and-only public plugin (Copy Cover) seemed straightforward enough to fix. I keep hoping it will die of old age but there are still new downloads so ... Whether anyone actively uses it, I don't know - not me, for sure.

Does anyone know when the big switch over is planned?
I agree, Modify ePub is (IMHO) more important then some of the others mentioned as being worked on.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
FYI, I plan to bump the versions of my plugins to 2.X when they're ready to indicate they're calibre 2.X compatible. Might be a decent convention to follow as most plugins are currently v0.X or v1.X.
Yes, I think I agree. I was just going to bump the minor version, but I think this will work better.
Quote:
I'm hoping Rev. Bob will do it. But, I have played with it before, and used it as a basis for a private plugin I have. I'll look at it at if he doesn't.
Quote:
Once they get out there, there is no stopping them.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I've posted test versions of SmartEject, EpubMerge and EpubSplit in their respective threads that seem to work on both qt4 & qt5 for me. (SmartEject is mostly a copy of davidfor changes.)

I use several of kiwidude's other plugins regularly that I'll be willing to look at, time permitting.
I can give your new epubsplit a go under qt4.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #23
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can give your new epubsplit a go under qt4.
Please do.

I've posted test versions of:
Old 07-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Please do.

I've posted test versions of:
I have to say this because I feel it's true. Why is time and effort being expanded now on plugins like View Manager when Modify ePub is much more important and needs to be fixed now instead of later? View Manager could be fixed later. When we do finally switch fully, I for one need to have Modify ePub there along side Calibre 2.0.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #25
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to say this because I feel it's true. Why is time and effort being wasted on plugins like View Manager when Modify ePub is much more important and needs to be fixed now instead of later? When we do finally switch fully, I for one need to have Modify ePub there along side Calibre 2.0.
Because I use View Manager everyday and I use Modify ePub once in a blue moon if that?

Your priorities are not necessarily my priorities.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sorry, I was sleeping for the last few hours.

@jacke_w: The use of SIGNAL was deprecated for PyQt4 as well a long time ago. That's why it was removed in PyQt5. As davidfor discovered you simply need to replace it with a new syntax that works in both Qt 5 and Qt4. For example:

Code:
self.connect(action, SIGNAL("triggered()"), slot)

becomes

self.action.triggered.connect(slot)
I will add this to the porting guide.

I dont have any firm plan for when to release calibre 2.0. My idea is to wait and see how the plugin porting goes. Once ~75% of the plugins are ported I will announce a public beta of 2.0 and then depending on how that goes 2.0 will eventually be released. In the meantime, since development of 1.x and 2.x are happening in paralllel I will keep releasing 1.x.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@davidfor: thanks, I have fixed the bug in the cover priorities preferences.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Because I use View Manager everyday and I use Modify ePub once in a blue moon if that?

Your priorities are not necessarily my priorities.
I use Modify ePub for every ePub I move to my personal library. That means that every ePub on my Reader has gone through Modify ePub.

True, our priorities could be different, but I am not the only one who finds Modify ePub highly valuable though. If someone were to take on the challenge of fixing it up, I would be grateful.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

After shamelessly borrowing JimmXinu's text, I have posted the plugins I have updated. The list is:

Those plus JimmXinu's set are the ones that I know I use all the time. I have to go through the rest that I have installed to see what to do next.

Also, I have started using the version number 1.201.0 for the the updated plugins. If I need to update them further, I will update the minor version.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-28-2014 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Added Resize Cover, Walk Search History
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Please pick Modify ePub as the next plugin to fix