Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #316
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_kraft View Post
Emm hi everyone. I'm from the main office of PocketBook (service dep), found this forum.
Welcome.
It is a long time since we had active member from PocketBook here on English speaking forum.
Looooong time ago, when the PB360 was the king this was a very exciting place with the new tricks, hacks, features and programs appearing daily.
Quote:
But I'll check new topics and try to reply as soon as possible
OK. I have one complaint:
on my beloved PB360 when I opened an epub book in fbreader (as opposed to adobereader) the hard-coded format of the book was ignored and the book would be displayed with MY settings (such as justification) instead. I loved that feature.
Today I have a PB 623 Touch Lux and for some books, fbreader ignores my preferences and displays certain epubs as fully justified (as an example).

Do you have any news regarding the new waterproof PB 640 Aqua or the new PB 650 with the camera on the back?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #317
alex_kraft
PB service
alex_kraft began at the beginning.

Device: all PocketBooks :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have one complaint:
on my beloved PB360 when I opened an epub book in fbreader (as opposed to adobereader) the hard-coded format of the book was ignored and the book would be displayed with MY settings (such as justification) instead. I loved that feature.
Today I have a PB 623 Touch Lux and for some books, fbreader ignores my preferences and displays certain epubs as fully justified (as an example).
The official position of PB service is : "We do not responsible for the third party programs", but as a user (not so skillful yet))) i'll try to solve this.
Quote:
Do you have any news regarding the new waterproof PB 640 Aqua or the new PB 650 with the camera on the back?
All i can say is that you probably read about aqua here or here and about 650 probably here.

So I wasn't so helpfull this time (
Next time maybe
alex_kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #318
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
feature request: a registered USB id for PB626

When I connect my PocketBook Touch Lux2 -- PB626 to my PC, Calibre thinks the Device is a Google Android. I originally posted a bug for Calibre. But actually it is because the USB id is not registered.
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #319
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
The official position of PB service is : "We do not responsible for the third party programs"
What program is third party, fbreader?
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #320
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The official position of PB service is : "We do not responsible for the third party programs", but as a user (not so skillful yet))) i'll try to solve this.
fbreader is THE default application for opening of most of the files on the PocketBook.

Take your PocketBook e-ink reader, go to library, find an epub book, press and hold OK or Menu button of press and hold a finger on a touch screen on a book and a menu will appear. In the menu you have "open with" option where you can select adobereader and fbreader.

Sadly, the excellent third-party version of fbreader180, that was *much* superior to the original built-in stock firmware fbreader, no longer works with the newer models.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #321
gyeben
gyeben began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 614W (Basic 2)
Quote:
Emm hi everyone. I'm from the main office of PocketBook (service dep), found this forum. And from now on i'll promise that everything written here will be discussed. But as a sugestion, with the problems that you have encountered, you should address to the nearest service centers.

But I'll check new topics and try to reply as soon as possible
Will you ever port a newer version of fbreader to the PocketBook devices? The current version integrated into the firmware is rather old and dumb. Thanks!
gyeben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #322
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
And from now on i'll promise that everything written here will be discussed. But as a suggestion, with the problems that you have encountered, you should address to the nearest service centers.
This is good news. I think it seems to a lot of us users that Pocketbook is a dying brand., with basically no support at all. It is good to see that this might not be the case.

Where are these 'nearest service centers' that you speak of? Do you have a link to a website or something? I am in Australia and was fortunate to be able to buy one locally (even though it was ebay), but we certainly would not have a 'service center' here.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:24 AM   #323
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
I think it seems to a lot of us users that Pocketbook is a dying brand., with basically no support at all.
PocketBook did abandon the North American market. They are still strong in Europe and in Russia they are one of the strongest brands.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:52 AM   #324
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
PocketBook did abandon the North American market. They are still strong in Europe and in Russia they are one of the strongest brands.
That is good to know. I owned a PB302 for years, and it was a brilliant product. It would have been very pleasing to me to see a PB302 Mk II. I own a PB Touch Lux 2 now and in many ways it is not as good as the 302. It is like you hired a different designer. Anyway...

One big thing with me and the Lux 2 is that the AdobeViewer does not have global settings. I want to set my margins=small and font=42 for every book I read. But the silly thing never saves the settings - except for the book you are reading. If you open a new book, you have to redo the settings, and it it quite annoying!

Is there any config file I can manually edit to fix this?

This is my main (hopefully fixable) gripe with the unit.

My other problems are you cannot swipe to turn pages, and the damn screen is so sensitive. I am all the time loading the menu instead of changing pages...it would be good if I could enlarge/alter the touch zones on the screen so that I can minimize the menu coming up.

Other than that, the Lux 2 is nice. The frontlight is very good, and I have a very nice case for it.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #325
alex_kraft
PB service
alex_kraft began at the beginning.

Device: all PocketBooks :)
Quote:
Is there any config file I can manually edit to fix this?
you can find it at root:\system\config\adobeviewer.cfg or fbreader.cfg

Quote:
you cannot swipe to turn pages, and the damn screen is so sensitive.
to swipe it you should be more confident and do it a bit slowlier. try again and you'll see )))

about the service in Australia, there is none ((( sadly but ... too far. If any questions contact help@pocketbook-int.com
alex_kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #326
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Editing /system/config/adobeviewer.cfg doesn't seem to work anymore, as described in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237423

P.S. I just tried it myself, and I have a different problem. The config file isn't automatically changed back, but it is ignored. I ran "strace AdobeViewer.app <path-to-book>" from the command line, and I saw that the config file wasn't even opened. It seems that the app behaves quite differently between firmware versions.

Last edited by rkomar; 05-06-2014 at 10:07 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #327
robiouilliame
robiouilliame began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 623
ogg vorbis support

Hi there,

I wanted to know if anyone figured out how to get the pocketbook 623 (Touch Lux) play .ogg files. It's a pity on a GNU/Linux device that only .mp3 files are supported !

Thanks,
robiouilliame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #328
zolv
zolv began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 623 Touch Lux
I spend more time with my PocketBook than with my smartphone and tablet. My proposal is:

I need a task manager application. It would be excelent if it will be connected to e.g. calendar (or even Google calendar). Regular notes does not fit as well like free drawing application.

In case of getting 5 votes - Thank You
zolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #329
Mobsky
Mobsky began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Ultra
I would like to see a WebDAV sync in addition to the Dropbox sync.
I have my documents on my local NAS and I don't want to store them on Dropbox.
Mobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #330
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
I would like to see/buy 13inch from PocketBook.
To read my A4 PDFs and to do occasional annotations.

Forgot to say I don't need CAD...

Last edited by fgdas; 06-16-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: forgot to say I don't need CAD...
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote