Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
If the case is leather but also this could work with almost any soft case. Take a sharpened pencil or use a ink pen and use it to stretch out the hole. If done right the hole will not return to the original diameter. Sounds like all that is needed is a slight enlargement in the hole size.

Just a thought.
Good thought but the Amazon case has a hole in the plastic shell that I suspect is the problem for those experiencing it.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #17
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
Good thought but the Amazon case has a hole in the plastic shell that I suspect is the problem for those experiencing it.
That being the case, I would use a small hand reamer, or drill bit that is slightly larger than the hole. I realize that not all would have this tool in their toolbox/drawer. It is usually a rarely used tool but handy when the need for making slightly small holes into ones that are just right. They can be found at amazon or some hardware stores for less than $10.00 and up!

Another thought!

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-30-2012 at 03:10 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #18
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
That is a good thought but somehow I can't justify paying another $10.00 to fix this $44 case and it still might not work. If I can find my Dremel I might try that.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
just use a regular drill. Select a bit just slightly larger than the male pin on the headphones (maybe a 4mm bit?) and have at it. You don't need a Dremel. You could use any sort of drill from electric down to a cheap manual brace-and-bit style drill.

Or if you have a cordless screwdriver then grab a cheap set of bits made for use in any "quick switch" drill/driver. Make sure if you but a set over a single bit the set contains the size you need, cost $4-$10-maybe, and use the cordless screwdriver to enlarge the hole to the correct size.

You already spent a fortune on the device and cover what is another $10 to make it work? Yes I agree it should not need modification but one can ether hold your breath until Amazon sends someone to your house to fix it or just make it work yourself in a few moments. Amazon just is not as nice as even just a few years ago. I'm finding more and more of these sort of small frustrations we never saw way back when. Still love 'em for allowing me to shop nekkid when I can't sleep though.

Last edited by rkw; 10-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
eLDiaNo
eLDiaNo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Don't worry, I had the same issue, it's not your earphones, it's the KFHD. Try shutting it down and restart it.

I played music but the sound wasnt playing, only for me to pause then play it again I could hear it again, but everytime a new track came one, same problem, no audio. SO I shut it down and restarted it, and hasn't happened as of yet.

I don't know about you guys but my life is defined as before and after my Shure SE425. It's perfect for me to read books in loud places and not hear anything but my own breathing and heartbeat.
eLDiaNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
zinfandel
zinfandel began at the beginning.

Device: PPC, Kindle
I noticed that my Bose headphones fit fine in the Kindle HD with this cover. The male plug casing on the Bose is very small in diameter. My Sennheiser would not fit. So, instead of drilling or grinding on the cover, I looked for a Bose adapter. I finally found one on Amz. Just search for this "The Replacement Cable for Bose 1.2m Extension Cable for Bose Headphones". Works like a champ. Only downsides are that it is 1.2 meters long, but you can just leave it on the end of your Sennheisers or other offending headphone set, and forget about it. The other issue is the price, which is 9.99. But as I said, I didn't want to start grinding on the cover. Your choice! You may wonder why I didn't just use the Bose headphones...just ask my wife.
zinfandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
zinfandel

for elDiaNo

No. It is not an earphone or KFHD issue. It is the Kindle cover in the discussion. You must have missed that part.

Last edited by zinfandel; 10-29-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #23
zinfandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLDiaNo View Post
Don't worry, I had the same issue, it's not your earphones, it's the KFHD. Try shutting it down and restart it.

I played music but the sound wasnt playing, only for me to pause then play it again I could hear it again, but everytime a new track came one, same problem, no audio. SO I shut it down and restarted it, and hasn't happened as of yet.

I don't know about you guys but my life is defined as before and after my Shure SE425. It's perfect for me to read books in loud places and not hear anything but my own breathing and heartbeat.
It is the cover that is the problem in this discussion...