Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
coolVariable
coolVariable began at the beginning.

Device: first @ $150!
PRS-300 USB charging

Is there a maybe a hack to force the PRS-300 to charge from a mini-USB charger? It's a pain in the butt that it doesn't do that from the start.

PS: Just read that buy.com has the PRS-300SC for $139. Hot deal!
coolVariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Not that I know of. Just buy a Sony PSP charger, they are cheap at under $10.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
sandeepp
sandeepp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
How long does it take to fully charge a PRs-300 via USB? I presume its much faster to charge via A.C adaptor...not sure if I want to fork out additional $23 bucks to get the A.C charger. I know you get non-OEM ones on Ebay, but not sure if that will harm the device in anyway.
sandeepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
You could grab an USB -> PSP charger cable from say dealextreme too, those are cheap (but shipping can take a while). That way you can charge & read at the same time
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I actually bought this cable. The fun part is, that it has a normal USB port on one side an a mini-USB and a power plug on the other. I can use the same cable to update my PRS-300 and if I want to charge only I just use the other plug. I also had some cheap USB charger where this cable can plug in quite nicely. So, whether I want to charge (via USB or net) or want to synch, it is just one cable.

The price? I paid about €4 for it. The charger came with some other device, but can be picked up for €1-2 in some stores.

I really like this cable... PSP adapter are not that cheap here and p&p adds to much.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert