Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Red face New 505 not showing as device in Windows

Bought a new 505...

Plugged it in to charge while I was installing the eBook Library software. At that time, the device was detected by Windows (XP MCE) and I could see that the unit was in its 'USB connected state.'

Somewhere during that process, I got an error relating to the USB device and it has been invisible ever since.

The unit no longer shows that it's connected via USB and no storage device shows in Windows.

eBook library no longer shows its contents.

A soft reset didn't seem to help, not did several Windows reboots.

I hate to sound like a noob (but on this subject, I am...), but is there any advice for what should be a straightforward device connect?

My site searching failed me, tonight...

Thanks.

-Joe
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK... did the ole 'uninstall/reinstall routine' with eBook Library and it seems to be working now.

Weird.

-JPB
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 03:22 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Glad you were able to solve the problem. It's always kind of scary when weird stuff happens.

I have the 505 and love it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
Dahak
Zealot

I've been experimenting with Calibre.

So far, I'm kinda wondering how you use the embedded fonts, but after reading one of the sticky threads in that forum, I at least have sans-serifs working, I just can't yet prove what typeface it is!

I've been dithering on one of these for a while, now.

My friends, who have a 505 and 500 each, were oh, so sympathetic last night: "Out of the box less than an hour and bricked already!"

With friends like these...

-JPB
Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
With friends like these...

-JPB
They deserve a present... I seem to remember seeing something like screen protectors that had what looks like cracks on them...

Oh and as you are here....

Your website has not only been invaluable for me, but I know at least 2 others who would never have bought readers if it wasn't for you.

Last edited by Riocaz; 06-23-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Dahak
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
Your website has not only been invaluable for me, but I know at least 2 others who would never have bought readers if it wasn't for you.
Thanks, but any praise should go to Baen.

I just mooch off their generosity.

-JPB