Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well drat. I would have ordered persimmon if I had known it was more red than orange.

I may have to order another one, some day!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
Cooling1978
Cooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
Amazon's photos of the Persimmon are definitely not accurate. If you scroll down the page though and look at the promotional photo of the entire line of colors, the Persimmon is accurately represented by the red color on the far right.

Last edited by Cooling1978; 10-04-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Cooling1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I love the persimmon, it's gorgeous. Way more red than orange though as it appears in the Amazon pics. I only see a tinge of orange in it really.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I ordered in ink blue and like it well enough -- I do wish the magnet "reversed" to hold the case open when it's folded back. I'll use it for now and probably order a Noreve as soon as they become available -- I love the snap and the rails.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #20
iJn
iJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Would someone with the Saddle Tan cover mind posting a picture of both the front and the inside?
iJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I got mine. Blue. The real color is very dark, almost black.
Clips fine, solid closing. Easy to fold over. Nice grip.

But... what about this is 'leather'? I mean, did I get the wrong product? Because my cover is definitely 'fabric'. The website says 'genuine leather'... ??? Where is the leather?

But the big improvement is that it does not feel as delicate as the KT cover I had. That one would scratch is you were breathing too close to it.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
I was planning to keep mine in a slip case, similar to what I used with my K4NT. Forty dollars just struck me as way too much to spend for a case. After I got my PW, however, I found it more awkward to hold one-handed than my K4NT. Then when I learned that you could wake or sleep the PW simply by opening or closing the official leather case, I decided to bite the bullet and order one. I would have gotten the ink blue case, but it's out of stock till the end of October, so I got the royal purple. As others have said, it's darker than the pictures on Amazon, but it's still a nice shade. I love the way the Kindle PW looks in the case, and I'm finding it much easier to hold one-handed. I wish it was less expensive, but I don't regret getting one.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #23
Heifzilla
Kinzilla
Heifzilla began at the beginning.

Device: KK Wifi/PW Wifi
I sent mine back. I seem to be in the minority, but I found the cover to be very expensive for what it is. When I see it go on sale for $20, I might consider it, but otherwise I am not paying $40 for "form factor". The leather used doesn't feel like leather to me, it is too perfect and not substantial. Plus, there is no leather smell, it smells like chemicals to me. When people have to let their covers sit out for a day or two to air out (as I have seen posted on other Kindle boards), that sends up red flags for me. The pink color is very pretty, though, but the purple is very dark and not like the color on Amazon's website. Just not impressed but of course YMMV.
Heifzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #24
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I have the black one and I like it very much. The pebbling may be machine made but it makes it less likely to show fingerprints and easier to hold. The KPW is easier to hold with the cover too.

The thing I like best about it is how the light comes on as soon as I open it. My Kindle is without Special Offers. It lights up as soon as I open the cover--no swipping needed. At night though, it is so convenient to just open the Kindle in the dark and I have a lighted book.

Oh, it smells like leather but I have to put my nose against it to smell anything.

Last edited by 6charlong; 10-04-2012 at 06:15 PM.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
mngharry
Enthusiast
mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PRS-505
Just received my saddle tan cover and it's simply amazing! Absolutely love everything about it: the magnet strength, the slimness, the exact fit and finish, and the auto wake up function!
My Kindle Keyboard with its case looks boorish and unsophisticated in comparison.

mngharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
iJn
iJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mngharry View Post
Just received my saddle tan cover and it's simply amazing! Absolutely love everything about it: the magnet strength, the slimness, the exact fit and finish, and the auto wake up function!
My Kindle Keyboard with its case looks boorish and unsophisticated in comparison.

Fixed your images for you, thanks for posting them!
iJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #27
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenpup View Post
Here is a picture of the keyboard and PW covers. The PW is a finer grain and is "softer" than the keyboard cover. I really like it!
Interesting thing about the grain. We have two lighted covers for K3 kindles and one of them is very smooth (shallow, flat topped, grain) and the other very rough (deeper, pointier, grain). It's actually helpful because I can distinguish which is which without opening them. :-)

The paperwhite cover feels like a step back to me... the inner lining is no longer the nice soft felt of the K3 cover, but rather rough and more like canvas. The leather layer is very thin. Overall it feels cheaper, especially with the hard rubber edge being so prominent.

I'd say that the K3 cover felt like a high quality journal and the Paperwhite cover feels less substantial. I guess I'll know more once I have a device to put in it and use it for a while, but these are based on my impressions from inspecting it last night.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #28
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Does anyone have any pictures of the Honey cover?

I'm still undecided!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #29
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cancelled my order for a persimmon after reading the review. I wanted an orange cover to match my iPad's. Looks like I'll have to wait for a third party solution or go with a colour I'm less excited about

Thanks for saving me some money, however
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #30
Zulithe
Zulithe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle [third generation]
I bought one (black) and really really love it. I like the smell, too. Makes the device feel and smell more bookish. It's great. Only complaint, and it is small and hopefully i'll get used to it, is the top cover, when closed, if you press it (say, while carrying) it will buckle every so slightly. This is because it does not contact the screen it sits a few mm above it, contacting the edge of the case instead. Feels a bit strange, wish it was more stable. But it really is a minor point.

Hard to say if I prefer it to my kindle keyboard official leather cover (the one with the built-in light), but I can say that both kindles (with covers on) look great, but the paperwhite is much much lighter and a bit smaller for easier portability.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote