Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
raday
raday began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Picture Viewing

I just purchased a Nook Color, updating from a Nook Wi-Fi. I have installed pictures and can see them in the grid mode, but when I view them they will show one or two them the pictures either get real slow in loading, or do not load at all. I am using a Macbook with iPhoto for my photo program.
Is there an issue with pictures from iPhoto, or is there something that I am missing in setting about this?
I have tried viewing them in a slideshow, but they start showing, but then slow down and stop showing.
Thanks in advance.
raday
raday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
greggdecker
greggdecker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Your photos are most likely too big in size. You need an app like Ifranveiw or xnveiw which are both freeware applications. You could run a batch file with the programs and convert all down to a size possibly 10 times smaller therefore speeding up the viewing accordingly.

Just look them up on the internet and you will find them.
greggdecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
greggdecker

I just realized that you are probably using a Mac
I don't know if the programs that I recommended run on a Mac
I am sure that you Iphoto program can reduce the size of your photos. You just have to check on the file size of the photos. If imported form a digital camera a photo can be as big as 5 mb each. All you need for the Nook Color is a photo is about 50 k each. That could mean importing the photos at up to 100 times smaller. Of course this is based on the pixel rate of your camera, but I am sure if you are not reducing the images before importing they are most likely too huge in size. You won't notice any quality difference in your slide show on the Nook because of the reduction in size.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
raday

Thanks for your response. I thought about it and came up with the same idea. I reduced them in size, a little, but I think I may need to go smaller yet. I will try it.

Thanks again.
raday
Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
raday

I tried it and it works better for the slide show. There seems to be one pic that hangs it up, both in slide show and when I try to flip through the pics.
Thanks again for the reply.
raday
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
greggdecker

You photos should be very small in size. Bring the size of each photo down to 20 K (kilobytes) or so.
I am sure that Iphoto has that capability. There is no Iphoto for windows so I am unable to look at the application.

Good Luck

Gregg