Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #76
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Glad you did succeed :-)
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #77
Dingo
Enthusiast
Dingo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe
Just to report I did "factory reset" on rooted Ermine EE and apply https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...00&postcount=2 (Allmine-Universal-0.4.zip) and everything worked fine.

Still hope on clockwork recovery with option to back up.

Thanks guys/girls who still work on EE (and PE).
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #78
Dingo
Enthusiast
Dingo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
Made a combined version. Modified. Allmine-Universal-0.4.zip
Just to mention this link is for 0.2 not 0.4 version.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #79
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
just wanted to say yay for golden allmine. I hadn't used my PE for a while, and for some reason now the eink side was always stuck on the "initializing" screen and would not bring up books or any files etc (but mostly displayed the hibernate and poweroff screens ok). tablet side was fine, but I was too lazy to figure out the eink issue (one thing that sort of correlated was that it was working fine initially when I picked up the PE, but I feel like it broke after I installed the kindle app...?)

yes, I could have done any of the available restores, but golden allmine saved me a huge amount of work (and titanium backup did the rest of course)

so, massive thanks to ktwombley and pablob and everyone else who contributed. yay!

funny thing is, after the restore I installed kindle again and it's all good, so obviously that wasn't the problem. more likely it was some combination of sleep wake battery death...?
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #80
madgrace
madgrace began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Another Allmine success!

Thanks for all the great work put in to making our Edges even more useful!!! I just wanted to report that I have a full-size 10 inch Entourage, and updated with the Allmine combination update directly from my Ermine. I did back up my library to the SD card before updating, which I'm glad I did, though I still have to figure out how to get the library to default to reading the SD card for files instead of making me go through storage to find things. I ran into a glitch of my own making-- realized later that I'd been trying to use update.zip.zip, since I didn't need to add the file ending when I renamed it. My apps seem to have survived and remembered where they were.

Thank you again!!!
madgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #81
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
just wanted to say yay for golden allmine. I hadn't used my PE for a while, and for some reason now the eink side was always stuck on the "initializing" screen and would not bring up books or any files etc (but mostly displayed the hibernate and poweroff screens ok). tablet side was fine, but I was too lazy to figure out the eink issue (one thing that sort of correlated was that it was working fine initially when I picked up the PE, but I feel like it broke after I installed the kindle app...?)

yes, I could have done any of the available restores, but golden allmine saved me a huge amount of work (and titanium backup did the rest of course)

so, massive thanks to ktwombley and pablob and everyone else who contributed. yay!

funny thing is, after the restore I installed kindle again and it's all good, so obviously that wasn't the problem. more likely it was some combination of sleep wake battery death...?
Mine just did the same thing! I did update some files in Google Play, nothing really major. I then went into hibernate as i often do.

Then, the next time when i turned it on, i noticed it didn't have the default eink screen, it said "initializing"

No eink based apps worked (it'd "send" stuff to the eink, but it wouldn't flash or change at all. I rebooted. It did "flash" like it was changing somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd dot... but it went from "initializing" back to "initializing" again, it never went to the 3 logo default eink screen.

I'm thinking of reinstalling the update too. Annoying i lost my library and have to TI backup and reinstall everything.
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #82
jilg
jilg began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
I have ermine on mine but I've heard that there are different versions of it. Is any version of ermine fine for updating and does updating wipe everything?
jilg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #83
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
There is only one official Ermine. And there are some mods developed by users of this forum. Particularly the so-called Allmine, which basically adds Play Market support. You may try the version from this thread. It will not wipe anything, just add the Google Apps. Or you may try the Golden Allmine by pablob. It does wipe everything and makes a "clean" install of Ermine with Google Apps added.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #84
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Good job guys!

I wanted to fix the e-ink permissions in the Golden Allmine, but never got down to do it. Did you just do a chmod 666 to the FB device?

Too bad I won't have the time to make a nice Golden Allmine release with that fix, because I don't have time to work on the PE anymore. If you'd like to get in touch with me (I still find that the flash division in the Golden Allmine is the best ), just use my nick at the gmail.com domain.

Pablo.
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #85
Cloud M.D.
Cloud M.D. began at the beginning.

Hi, men. I think I did something terribly wrong.
I have full size EE and try to apply Allmine 0.4 as it were written in first post (and second btw). I have startscreen of "Now updating..." and nothing now. Only cyclic reboot. Also I can downgrade to Dingo or up to Ermine. How can escape this situation?

Best regards, CMD
Cloud M.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #86
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
You need one of the golden updates for the EE, they do a complete reinstall of the operating system.
*** WARNING*** Using golden updates looses all your installed apps and data.

The first thing I would do is try the EE Ermine golden update, it should clear up the system and allow you to start again.

If that does not work you will have to revert to the Dingo golden update and then proceed to Ermine.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #87
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
You might also want to post here your "update.log" file that is left on your usb stick that was used for update, so we could figure out what went wrong in your case, and maybe fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud M.D. View Post
Hi, men. I think I did something terribly wrong.
I have full size EE and try to apply Allmine 0.4 as it were written in first post (and second btw). I have startscreen of "Now updating..." and nothing now. Only cyclic reboot. Also I can downgrade to Dingo or up to Ermine. How can escape this situation?

Best regards, CMD
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #88
hbabygirl
hbabygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Entourage PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
You need one of the golden updates for the EE, they do a complete reinstall of the operating system.
*** WARNING*** Using golden updates looses all your installed apps and data.

The first thing I would do is try the EE Ermine golden update, it should clear up the system and allow you to start again.

If that does not work you will have to revert to the Dingo golden update and then proceed to Ermine.
Apparently I need this update too for my brand new EE which has the Ermine 0.9 build on it. Can you tell me where to find this golden Ermine? Thanks!
hbabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #89
Cloud M.D.
Cloud M.D. began at the beginning.

I try to make update thru Dingo or Ermine - nothing happens and there is no log on USB stick. Everytime EE show an "Updating software logo" for a second and then come to cycling again. I'm feeling great upset with it.
Cloud M.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #90
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cloud M.D.
Are you trying to install Golden Dingo? Where did you download it from?
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote