Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
WANTED: Fantasy writers for a new collaborative series!

All right, writer friends. The time has come.

I have written a bunch of books by myself. But for my next trick, I’m going to need some help from you.

Remember a long time ago (last week) when I said I wanted to work on an open-world fantasy collaboration series? Well, the time has come and I’m looking for a few good writers.

It’s collaboration time!

Project Overview

I am putting together a team of 3-6 writers to create a new fantasy series. Together, we will invent a fantasy world, full of cool new fantasy demons or steampunk fairies or zombie unicorns or elvish freedom fighters… you know, stuff.

Then each of us will write our own novel in this shared world. While we write, we will contact each other from time to time with status updates and to collaborate with each other on cross-over characters or sub-plots to tie our books together.

At the end of the project, each writer will have produced a single novel (80,000 to 100,000 words) as well as a single short story teaser (~3,000 words).

I’ll do the final format and file generation so all of the books look and feel the same, and then give them back to the authors to self-publish simultaneously. (Let me say that again: You will publish and fully own your book! There is no gray area on that point.) Then we all get to promote our books and our series and brag about how we’re all awesome.

Visit my site for many, many more details.
jrlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I think you've hit on an awesome marketing strategy. Alas, I have too many projects on my plate already...
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sounds like a great idea, i am committed to book 4 of my own series right now or I would definitely consider this.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi friends,

I too am already in the middle of my own series, but the way I see it, there will never be a convenient time for half a dozen writers to work on a project like this.

My hope is that by setting a distant publication target, December 1, we can all work this single novel commitment into our schedules when it is most convenient, individually.

Feel free to shoot me any questions or ideas you might have.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
This sounds pretty interesting. I'll drop you a line asking for more details.
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlewis View Post
Hi friends,

I too am already in the middle of my own series, but the way I see it, there will never be a convenient time for half a dozen writers to work on a project like this.

My hope is that by setting a distant publication target, December 1, we can all work this single novel commitment into our schedules when it is most convenient, individually.

Feel free to shoot me any questions or ideas you might have.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking after I posted that. Once Book 4 is done.. I have plans for Book 5.. so I have a few options..

1) Stay true to myself imposed time lines and focus on my series
2) Delay my series to do yours
3) Try to write two novels at the same time.

I am not sure I could do #3, and already told my fan base I am working on my book so that puts #2 out... leaving me me with #1 as my only option.

Does sound like a great idea though! I plan to watch to see how it works out incase in the future this comes up again.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
jrlewis
SF/F Author

I'm pretty impressed by the turn out so far. I'm getting contacts from writers with a lot of different styles. Thinking about joining us? Contact me today!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
cak3
cak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmoscak3 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Sounds great. I'll PM to ask for details.
cak3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collaboration, fantasy, series