Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
rmnelson
rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD
wifi 1.9 two versions

My kobo updated to 1.9 last week and shows r24894 as the version dated March 11. My wife's just updated to 1.9 and shows version r25373 dated March 29. I can't find a change log and haven't noticed differences between them. Should I expect another update on mine?
rmnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Interesting... I too have the 24894 version. I will grab the wife's unit and try the update on hers and see what happens
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I'd be interested to hear from folks about this. My expectation is that if it is a real "fix" for anything, it will be numbered 1.9.1. That is how they differentiated fixes in the past, thus the 1.8 through 1.8.3 for Kobo 1.

Last edited by taming; 04-07-2011 at 08:25 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
i have r24894 as well dated march 11, haven't come across any bugs yet.
mine is the black/onyx wifi version. not sure if that matters but you never know.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnelson View Post
My kobo updated to 1.9 last week and shows r24894 as the version dated March 11. My wife's just updated to 1.9 and shows version r25373 dated March 29. I can't find a change log and haven't noticed differences between them. Should I expect another update on mine?
Perhaps there are different firmware builds to go with Kobo units that have revised hardware builds/specs. It's quite possible that newer units have slight differences to, let's say, WiFi launch units. It might also account for why some people got the firmware right away while others had to wait.
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
This might explain why the Borders branded version haven't seen the update yet...

i.e. I suppose that they could be guinea pigging their own Kobo branded customers and have some sort of agreement with Borders restricting those to only final versions...

I wish that people'd mention if they have a generic Kobo branded or Borders as the only known Borders 1.9 update that I've seen so far was someone who used the Kobo Desktop app v1.9 instead of the Borders 1.8 version and it sounded like the two fws are slightly different possibly in more than just what store they point at...

I'll have to go turn on WiFi again and see if anything pops...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn42 View Post
I wish that people'd mention if they have a generic Kobo branded or Borders as the only known Borders 1.9 update that I've seen so far was someone who used the Kobo Desktop app v1.9 instead of the Borders 1.8 version and it sounded like the two fws are slightly different possibly in more than just what store they point at...
my kobo is a non borders, i bought it in canada at my chapters book store.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
rmnelson
rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD
Mine are both Borders units. One was purchased in Oregon ($99), the other about a week later in Phoenix at one of the stores slated for closing ($59). I did run the Kobo desktop software to get the updates. If it makes any difference I did it on the same computer with the same desktop software version. We got them largely for library books so I didn't really care about which online store it connects to.
rmnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Quote:
This might explain why the Borders branded version haven't seen the update yet...

i.e. I suppose that they could be guinea pigging their own Kobo branded customers
I've had mine since almost the first day the Wifi was released, it's from a Chapters store, and I haven't got the update yet (<pouts>). So it's not that they're picking on Borders customers, or only releasing it to "older" wifi kobos.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
i have r24894 as well dated march 11, haven't come across any bugs yet.
mine is the black/onyx wifi version. not sure if that matters but you never know.
I also have this version and bought at Chapters.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
othar
othar began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:

i.e. I suppose that they could be guinea pigging their own Kobo branded customers and have some sort of agreement with Borders restricting those to only final versions...

I'll have to go turn on WiFi again and see if anything pops...
hint.. mine was updated thru desktop application 1.9, it's a border one and i took the r25373 29th march update on it...

i will see with my other kobo from Chapters still in 1.8 what 1.9 update i will receive..
othar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #12
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
r24894 (Mar., 11th) here, same as most.

Also, I downloaded the firmware update on March 30th, so that is interesting.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
lindaf
lindaf doesn't litterlindaf doesn't litter

Device: kobo 1 and kobo wifi
Mine is a Kobo bought at Walmart in Ontario (Canada) in December 2010. The version which uploaded on April 5th is 1.9 (r25373, March 29)
lindaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #14
Ms M
Enthusiast
Ms M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo WiFi
So did it "fix" anything? Should I be hurrying up to update??
Ms M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Each kobo associated store will have its own build number so that the WiFi will sync with the proper server. Fixes and changes get new version numbers (e.g 1.9.1), not new build numbers.

Last edited by taming; 04-09-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: clarity
taming is offline   Reply With Quote