Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2022, 04:57 AM   #1
HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
How to remove all custom meta data from annotations plugin?

Hi,

I have installed the annotations plugin and imported all of the highlights from the books on my kobo into Calibre.

I want to now bulk remove all these annotations from the custom field in Calibre how would I do this?
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
VERY DANGEROUS if done wrong. BACKUP before trying.

NOT FULLY TESTED

Only works for when a custom column is used
My example will use the custom column #notes

1) Isolate books that have notes, Search #notes:true (refine search as desired)
1a) Sanity check the results as to being ONLY the desired ones

2)Select All (results or those you wish to affect)
3)Tap 'E' (Bulk metadata edit), Switch to the S&R tab
4) REGEX mode, Field is #notes, Pattern to search for (.+) <regex for everything, no replace value
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoNotes.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	195842  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2022, 09:23 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Annotations plugin has an option to find all the books annotations in the library, so that can be used for the step of @theducks instructions.

Or, simply delete the custom column you are using.

As I don't know what you are really doing, I don't know what to suggest. Are you clearing the annotations and starting again? Or have you decided not to use the plugin and want to clean up? Or something else?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote