Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Question PDF Overdrive Books--HELP!!

Hi all.

I use the Overdrive app to read ebooks from my library. I just ran into a situation where one of the books I want is in pdf format. For some reason, Overdrive won't let me download the ebook to my mobile device. I can get it to my laptop with no problem, though.

Once I got it to my laptop, I used ADE to drag and drop it to my Droid. Should work, I thought.... Nope. Overdrive can't find it, and Aldliko (?) can't open it because it's "DRM protected."

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
--Shannon
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I don't know what the cause would be, I think OverDrive only supports DRM ePUB. However

Aldiko 2.0 has been released which supports Adobe DRM for ePUB and PDF. The price is not steep I think $3. To give you a feature that you need.

Aldiko in the market

Home Page

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 01-07-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Corrected price and added link.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I have Kobo Reader on my Pandigital. It supports ADE ePub as well as PDF.

I believe KOBO has an app for Droid devices I just don't know as Kobo came loaded on my Pandigital. I haven't tried authenticating the device to my PC ADE via USB but it does allow download purchases of ADE DRM ebooks via wifi.

The other way would be to strip DRM from the OD/ADE books on your PC and then move them over to your droid. With a syncing program this would just add a couple of steps to the whole process.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote