Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #316
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
0.3.1 Resized logo

On the Kpw-5.3.3 firmware:

The logo has a 'double' border showing on right and bottom edges of the icon bounding box.
Probably not the logo's fault - even Amazon publications are showing that effect.

The logo has a hard, black, border at it's bottom, between the logo and the "active" footer. Nothing else does Amazon or other publishers.

Other than that (which probably no one will ever notice), the 0.3.1 logo is looking good on the Kpw firmware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #317
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
If someone can indicate a correct aspect ratio I would be appreciative. No device to test on
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #318
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could throw a custom sized image one together if you wouldn't mind testing. with no metrics I am working blind.

did the problem exist before?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #319
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I could throw a custom sized image one together if you wouldn't mind testing. with no metrics I am working blind.

did the problem exist before?
Today's eyes are suggesting that the effect is supposed to be a shadow of the main box.

Even the "Kindle User's Guide" has the thickened right and bottom boarders.

None have the heavy dark line between the image and the banner message, only the launcher logo.
But as I first posted, I doubt that anyone will notice. So don't waste time on that one line.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #320
twobob

It's the wrong size/aspect-ratio/maximal-size-in-one-axis no doubt.

Tough to test with no device. Metrics or links to Metrics gratefully accepted : )
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #321
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This thread just made hackaday:
http://hackaday.com/2013/02/05/one-k...-to-rule-them/

Congrats twobob!

KUALity app there, that is!

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #322
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Nice fine GM. Good job everybody.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #323
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
This thread just made hackaday:
http://hackaday.com/2013/02/05/one-k...-to-rule-them/

Congrats twobob!

KUALity app there, that is!
Yay Team KUAL!

Good of them to carry it
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #324
twobob

Updated Applications list.

Quote:
New for Paperwhites only:
Turn Light on/off with KUAL PORTED BY DuckieTigger
Thanks DT
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #325
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Updated Applications list.

Thanks DT
Thank you for putting it there. Now with KUAL it doesn't feel quite so wrong to pack up simple scripts to have available with the click / touch of a button. Quite similar to the Helpers.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #326
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Thank you for putting it there. Now with KUAL it doesn't feel quite so wrong to pack up simple scripts to have available with the click / touch of a button. Quite similar to the Helpers.
Not all that different (in principle at least) than creating a short-cut on an OS desktop.

Over the years there have been a tremendous number of one and two liner commands published here for doing things to Kindles.

Perhaps as people get used to doing these "button defs" for KUAL, we will be seeing all of those become buttons.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #327
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Perhaps as people get used to doing these "button defs" for KUAL, we will be seeing all of those become buttons.
I would really love to see them literally become bottons in the form of icons. And then depending on the need, have the definition define how many gridspaces one needs. For the light a simple one 1x1 gridspace would be enough:

For toggling usbnet on and off it would be good to have: [usbnet on/off] in maybe 1x3 space. Or 2x2 - to have a little picture and some words underneath.

There has to be more KUAL apps that need developed first - or ported to run on PW as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #328
knc1
Going Viral

There are KUALer versions in the planning stages and development now.
What you see today will probably be only a sub-set of its eventual feature set.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #329
Evaristo
Evaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle K4 Black
Hi,

I am an absolute newbie in Kindle (just got the first one, a K4 Black yesterday, with the 4.0.1 firmware), so I might well be asking a stupid question with a simple solution or not provide enough information for solving it. Sorry, if this is the case. I will do my best to describe everything that is or could be relevant in the next paragraph in case it is needed. In the paragraphs following the next paragraph I will make my (probably stupid ) questions.

I am trying to install Kual in the Kindle in order to use Liberator, since I would like to have support for epub and djvu. I have followed the instructions for installation. The Jailbreak was installed successfully (at least I got the final message file) and also both prerequisites (at least I got the message that they had been successfully installed. I chose the files for K4 from all available). When installing the Helper, I saw no "extensions" folder, contrary to my understanding that the folder would already be present, so I just created it as well as a "helper" sub-folder with the contents of the "helper". Then I put the KindleLauncher-1.0.azw2 in the "documents" folder.

In the instructions it is indicated that the KindleLauncher should be run "by clicking new kindlet document in your list", but I see no such option anywhere. How can I access this option?

Since I did not find this option, I then tried to simply open the file, but I got the following error message: "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer." When searching for this message I found someone having the same error in another post and Twobob asked him whether the Kindle was registered. Mine wasn't yet (my first contact with the Kindle was actually jailbreaking it ), so I registered it. The problem remained so I tried to reinstall the prerequisites again, and still the same message appears. Can you please help me with the installation?

Thanks in advance!
Evaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #330
twobob

"This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item" = reinstall the DEVELOPER KEYS from the prerequisites bundle.

Every time you change your registration status the keys are wiped.
Obviously for most people this happens like "never"

Install dev keys should remove that error. If not I will dig further.

EDIT: I updated the top post's known issues with these warning messages and their resolution.

Last edited by twobob; 02-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified