Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #271
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
gc???
gift certificates. there's a credit card promo that gives you a Php 300 gc (around $6) for a certain amount that you charge on the card. my sister can redeem one, and i was going to use it to get a book but they're out of stock; seems like a lot of people are redeeming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Is this the link you're using to log into the library? If I remember correctly their eResources can only be accessed while physically at the library. The link I provided takes you to their Overdrive library.

(Important note: Posting here should in no way imply that I'm an ebook-buying addict or a book hoarder or have any other obsessive tendencies when it comes to books **shakes head in strong denial**)
i'll try that
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #272
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Dude I AM a girl. I'm afraid balls will make my chest hairy, my voice deep, and I might grow a mustache.
And we can't have that happening. Note to self: Always check the gender of poster (if able) before posting gender related postings. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #273
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Is this the link you're using to log into the library? If I remember correctly their eResources can only be accessed while physically at the library. The link I provided takes you to their Overdrive library.

(Important note: Posting here should in no way imply that I'm an ebook-buying addict or a book hoarder or have any other obsessive tendencies when it comes to books **shakes head in strong denial**)
Just remember Loosheesh admitting to yourself that you have a problem is the 1st step on the road to recovery.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #274
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

my list of used pbooks to buy is getting longer. help!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #275
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
No problem... tell us what you like reading and we'll all help... with a nice list of more books for your list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
my list of used pbooks to buy is getting longer. help!
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #276
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Well, since this was the last day of Amazon's Summer sale, I finally did go and get the 10 additional books I'd decided upon which seemed worthy of my money and a good bargain at the price offered (cut down the potentials list from roughly twice that; if the library has 8 copies, then I don't need one unless it's a truly exceptional title that I've read already and know I should have).

And since last I posted, read 4 of my previously purchased e-books (including 1 double-book omnibus edition), which pretty much maintains my estimated 2 out of 5 completion ratio which would be higher if I didn't have a stack of paper library books to finish in-between.

Mind you, if Kobo offers a good unlimited coupon for Father's Day weekend, then I have full intention of picking up more stuff while I can get it cheap on sale where they've pricematched.

Incidentally, I think that omnibus editions should count as just 1 book for the purposes of purchasing, no matter how many are contained inside (but if you manage to finish more than one of the books contained within, then you can count them separately towards the completion ratio if you like).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #277
wyndslash
Wizard

@AT: NOOO. don't tempt me >_> i'm trying not to think about the sale ;x

and speaking of omnibus, that's great, since i'm expecting one a few weeks from now. so i can count each story in it as one book? cool ;3
Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #278
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
and speaking of omnibus, that's great, since i'm expecting one a few weeks from now. so i can count each story in it as one book? cool ;3
Sure, if it was assembled from individual books in the first place. Or is a collection of long novellas that could normally be offered separately as e-books.

Short stories, it seems a bit unfair; but then that makes it an anthology and you can count an anthology as "read" as long as you've completed at least one story in it, because you may never ever read all the stories in an anthology (some will just plain be boring or suck) so you don't have to do them cover-to-cover before being "finished", I feel.

As for the sale stuff, just take a deep breath, relax, and tell yourself "just about all of this will be put on sale again later" and "some of these e-books may become freebies" (especially if you're tempted by the Sourcebooks stuff).

I think we read in the Deals thread for it that this sale was kind of a test run for the smaller publishers to see how they could do at lower prices? If so, then they should have enough evidence that doing the occasional deep discount event is good for sales and they'll do it again in the future if they've got any business sense.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 AM   #279
wyndslash
Wizard

i sure hope they discount more books too ;3

i'm just really using the counter on GR just to see how many books i read, even it it's just short. i make up with it with the occasional crazy-long book anyway
Old 06-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #280
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
I have spent $70 on ebooks in the past year which is way more than I have ever spent on books in any one year .
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 AM   #281
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Since I have had my book readers I have spent hundreds of pounds on them and on the books . One good thing is that my shelves are much tidier .
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #282
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
Quote:

ok, I am to stupid to get this ...

I tried to register ... seemed to work ... tried to log-in ... now what is this NRIC/Membership no./FIN they are asking for ??

Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 AM   #283
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uluhara View Post
ok, I am to stupid to get this ...

I tried to register ... seemed to work ... tried to log-in ... now what is this NRIC/Membership no./FIN they are asking for ??

That is just the number you registered with. The passport number or the one you made up
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:14 AM   #284
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
That is just the number you registered with. The passport number or the one you made up

I think that was the only thing I did not try ... just lost an hour of my life trying to figure this out ...

off to try the rest ... might be back with more questions later

Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #285
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Just remember Loosheesh admitting to yourself that you have a problem is the 1st step on the road to recovery.
But I don't want to recover .... wait, you're confusing me - I don't have a problem so there's no need for recovery
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote