Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Daily Telegraph...

Hi,

Here's another newspaper that can be read (if slowly) on the Iliad... The Telegraph... Pity it get published after the print edition, but if you like crosswords, sudokus look on page 5...! Great fun for the commute home

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ws/pm/ixpm.xml
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
jonf
jonf began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
After 4pm GMT the next day's Telegraph PM is published, so you can get tomorrows news today....
jonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
automatic download

Is it posible to schedule a daily and automatic download for this file or any content for the iliad (files that renew its content everyday)?. I don“t know how to do it or if there is a piece of sofware to do it.

Thanks
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
You should just use 'wget -c url' with a cron job to get it ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
templario
Connoisseur

Thanks, i“ll have a look to wget. Let“s say the file you want to download is a compressed (tar, rar, zip, ...) is there a way to uncompress automatically the file you download daily (and automatically)? I don“t know if i made myself clear.

What i“m looking for is to download content to my iliad just pressing the icon on the iliad everyday, these content should be of course in the outbox folder in the computer, i“d like to grab everyday the news from http://www.syngrithy.org.uk/index.php?pT=2
but the files are in a tar, so is it posible to download the file (wget) and untar it automatically everyday. I hope it is clear now.

Thanks for your help.
Advert
Old 03-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
Simple answer is learn some shell script.
For unix/linux/(even posix if you're using windows). wget will get your file, tar, zip (or unzip) will unpack the file, mv (or cp) will put the thing in place ... put all the commands in a file (e.g. xyz.sh) and automate it with cron ... I hope at least this gives you a few pointers ...
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
templario
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot pdam. When i have time i“ll have a look