Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
mhv260
mhv260 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arrow Cataloging Audio Books And Video Books

I thinks it would be great if CALIBRE could catalog audio and video books, besides all of the other features.
mhv260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Am using it for all books, Electronic, Paper and Audio, although my Audios are stored in/with my Musicmatch Jukebox 9.0 (the later versions didn't allow of multiple music libraries, making things) cumbersome - I do only have 3 Audiobooks at this time, however.
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Anyone have recommendations for apps to catalog audiobooks?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
http://www.collectorz.com/book/
Not free, but I played around with the free trial version a few years ago. It was pretty cool.
And, I think there is a plug in for Calibre to handle audio books. I've never used it though.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:23 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Just use the Add Blank Book feature in calibre and enter your info ...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:50 AM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I just have an excel sheet. I don't bother inputting them in until they're listened to though. Cataloging freebies that I may never listen to doesn't appeal to me.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Silverraven, I took a look at the link and may try the trial, but it looks a little overwhelming.

Koland, I've only ever used Calibre to convert to epub--never tried any of the management features.

Odiakkoh, I'm using an Excel spreadsheet now. I was thinking of an app to save time--so I could just type in the ASIN to get the information (or scan a barcode for an audiobook CD). It would also give me a book summary, which would be useful.

I had started to use Book Catalogue for my paper books, and while it would work for audiobooks, the drawback is that it doesn't allow for a "Narrator" field. So I was hoping there might be something out there that's more customizable for audiobooks.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks for the suggestions.

Silverraven, I took a look at the link and may try the trial, but it looks a little overwhelming.

Koland, I've only ever used Calibre to convert to epub--never tried any of the management features.

Odiakkoh, I'm using an Excel spreadsheet now. I was thinking of an app to save time--so I could just type in the ASIN to get the information (or scan a barcode for an audiobook CD). It would also give me a book summary, which would be useful.

I had started to use Book Catalogue for my paper books, and while it would work for audiobooks, the drawback is that it doesn't allow for a "Narrator" field. So I was hoping there might be something out there that's more customizable for audiobooks.
I thought the one I suggested had it to where you could just scan the bar code? Or it used to? Honestly, been years since I messed with. And I don't have a bar code scanner anyway. I just keep my books in folders according to author. If I need to print off a list I use
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp I know there is a way to print directory info from the command line but I don't know how, sorry. Maybe someone with more computer skills than I can tell us how. One thing I do like about the karenware is that you can choose how much info to print, a lot or a little. I don't know if that is possible through the command line??
S
Old 08-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I thought the one I suggested had it to where you could just scan the bar code? Or it used to? Honestly, been years since I messed with. And I don't have a bar code scanner anyway.
Well, I wouldn't be using that feature with the overwhelming majority of my audiobooks anyway, since they're downloads, not CDs. But I would like it to read ASINs, and it only mentioned ISBNs. I'll try it out next week when I have more time.

Quote:
I just keep my books in folders according to author. If I need to print off a list I use
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp I know there is a way to print directory info from the command line but I don't know how, sorry. Maybe someone with more computer skills than I can tell us how. One thing I do like about the karenware is that you can choose how much info to print, a lot or a little. I don't know if that is possible through the command line??
S
I had asked several years back how to create a spreadsheet from a file list in this thread. Seems like the Karenware is pretty much the same thing?
Old 08-31-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
silverraven
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Seems like the Karenware is pretty much the same thing?
I don't know?? I haven't messed with it in a long time. When I was messing with it I needed a printed out list of all my music that was on my computer. For my mom, to actually put in a notebook. She is old school.
Sorry!!
S
Old 09-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #11
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Citavi is an excellent database program, that is free for individuals.

I've used the program for a few years and whilst it's aimed at the researcher, it can be used by anyone who wants to keep all their various data formats under the one roof so to speak.

So you can catalogue cd's, videos, books, records and whatever else you can think of.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Citavi is an excellent database program, that is free for individuals.

I've used the program for a few years and whilst it's aimed at the researcher, it can be used by anyone who wants to keep all their various data formats under the one roof so to speak.

So you can catalogue cd's, videos, books, records and whatever else you can think of.
Doesn't seem free to me. On the web site personal use is $79. Free is only a sample with 100 entry limit.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #13
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Just use the Add Blank Book feature in calibre and enter your info ...
I catalogue audiobooks in two places:
  • Calibre's Empty Book feature (I think that's what koland was referring to)
  • MediaMonkey - which syncs across all devices
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #14
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
I catalogue audiobooks in two places:
  • Calibre's Empty Book feature (I think that's what koland was referring to)
  • MediaMonkey - which syncs across all devices
Same here; works great for me.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #15
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Doesn't seem free to me. On the web site personal use is $79. Free is only a sample with 100 entry limit.

Dale
Student option.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote