Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #61
goodspeech
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkmandarin View Post
This sounds like what I'm looking for. I'd love to use it but I'm a total android and pe newbie. Could some kind hearted soul give me specific directions about how to get this to work? Thank you so much.
Ah, thanks for the reminder: The Edge stores the journals the way you see them listed -the actual names are stored in one of the databases, but I haven't found the right one yet, so unfortunately, it is the filenames you see right away. Once I find the db, I'll upload an update. To compensate the problem for now, you can give "speaking names" to partnerships (that's the names you see in my picture) by right-clicking on a paired Edge file and selecting "rename" -this does not affect the file name, only the "virtual name". PS I added a quick entry into the documentation here: http:// edgesync.codeplex.com/wikipag...ynchronisation

Try following this link. I have not used the program but the directions seemEd use friendly.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #62
glen
Edge User

I figured this would be a good way to save my journals.

However, on startup, I keep getting told "AppData/Local/edgesync.log" is in use by another program. Even when I delete this file and start up edgesync again I still get this error. If I hit continue, I can see all my journals and their contents. Upon trying to actually sync I get "Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200B".

Anyone having the same problems? I have the full sized Edge with the Ermine beta.

Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 AM   #63
LutzS
Edge User

Sorry guys, I'm currently a bit busy, so the next update is still pending. I should have another version with text interpretation and some fixed bugs ready by the end of the month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkmandarin View Post
This sounds like what I'm looking for. I'd love to use it but I'm a total android and pe newbie. Could some kind hearted soul give me specific directions about how to get this to work? Thank you so much.
There is an (alas, incomplete) documentation on the codeplex website which should give you enough information to use the tool. Otherwise, let me know...

Old 05-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #64
silkmandarin
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutzS View Post
Sorry guys, I'm currently a bit busy, so the next update is still pending. I should have another version with text interpretation and some fixed bugs ready by the end of the month...

There is an (alas, incomplete) documentation on the codeplex website which should give you enough information to use the tool. Otherwise, let me know...
Thank you for your help LutzS! One other question and forgive me if this sounds stupid, but will it run on the Pocket Edge. The requirements say Windows but PE is Android based, isn't it? What am I missing here?

Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #65
LutzS
Edge User

Right, sorry, it runs on Windows, i.e. on your PC, not on your Edge. What it does is synchronise all your Edge Journals with OneNote on your PC. Currently you still have to use hand writing recognition manually on the PC, but I'm working on a version that does the interpretation at synchronisation time.
So, it is not an extension to your Edge Journal - that's what I had in mind first, but Entourage does not publish the SDK for the eInk side...

Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #66
violajack
Edge User

Just got my pocket eDGe from woot and took notes at a small group this morning. I tested the sync program to a notebook, section, and page. I think the page sync is great for this, but I could see how section syncing can be good if you have larger more complex journals. I keep all my notes in OneNote and this syncing tool makes the pocket eDGe the perfect companion note taker. Thank you for your work on this project.

I wish I could contribute something in the way of development help, but I know zero coding. I'd be happy to help with testing or documentation though.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #67
JonathanWardRogers
Edge User

Hi there! Thanks for the program, it is a dream come true. I would love to contribute to this. I am a very experienced C# developer and was hoping to play around with the code, but the zip download on the CodePlex site seems to be missing some files. Would you be interested in having another developer join your project? Thanks,
Jonathan

Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #68
goodspeech
Edge User

Lutzs,
I use Onenote extensively at work. My journals have multiple embedded docs, tables, etc. How does the Edgesync program handle these?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #69
LutzS
Edge User

Hi again,

quite some activity during my absence it seems :S

So let's see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
I keep getting told "AppData/Local/edgesync.log" is in use by another program. Even when I delete this file and start up edgesync again I still get this error. If I hit continue, I can see all my journals and their contents. Upon trying to actually sync I get "Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200B".
Well, the 0x8004200B is a compatibility error which I'm working on - see here for a workaround
As for the "edgesync.log" in use - that's a bit strange and never occured to me. Try using version 0.51 as long as I'm working on the v0.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodspeech View Post
My journals have multiple embedded docs, tables, etc. How does the Edgesync program handle these?
Very good point - it currently does not I added it as a work item - thanks for pointing it out

As for JonathanWardRogers and violajack: thanks a lot for your offer to help - any support is indeed welcome (I just do this in my spare time). And indeed I did not upload the latest source code, as it seems there was nobody interested in it. I'll upload it again with v0.6 which should be coming this week - if you want to have a look at it, I'm sure you'll find plenty of places for improvement

Cheers

Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #70
Dr. T
Edge User

Thank you, thank you, thank you, LutzS!