Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #136
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Steinker View Post
same thing it goes out to find program to run file - dont get whats wrong
Try changing the directory to your Python directory and run KindlePID from there (make sure kindlepid.py is in that same directory).

> cd python26\
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #137
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you copy and paste your PATH info, so we can see how it's entered? Use the link below to see what I'm talking about.

Path edit2.jpg

Last edited by daffy4u; 02-23-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #138
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Can you copy and paste your PATH info, so we can see how it's entered? Use the link below to see what I'm talking about.

Path edit2.jpg
That link doesn't go anywhere.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #139
J.Steinker
J.Steinker has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
went thru all steps in the visual wiki - i stored the Kindlepid.py file into the tools under scripts like it said in the python file - im using vista

i took screen shots but don't know how to post them
J.Steinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #140
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That link doesn't go anywhere.

BOb
Thanks. It's fixed. It should have gone to the wiki page with the image. I switched to a regular hyperlink.
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #141
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i took screen shots but don't know how to post them
At the bottom of the edit screen where you enter you post you see a button "manage attachments". Click that button and you can upload your screen prints.

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #142
J.Steinker

;c:\Python30;c:\Python30\Tools\Scripts -----i had python26 but updated to new release was same path info just 26 where it says 30 ---but got same messages reason i tried the new version was same as now
Old 02-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #143
J.Steinker

Ok hope the pics show
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pid.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	24221   Click image for larger version

Name:	pid 2.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	24222  
Old 02-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #144
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
;c:\Python30;c:\Python30\Tools\Scripts -----i had python26 but updated to new release was same path info just 26 where it says 30 ---but got same messages reason i tried the new version was same as now
These scripts may not run under python 3.0. They were written and tested with 2.6.

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #145
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok hope the pics show
Ok, in the first picture... did you press the enter key? It doesn't look like you did.

In the second pic, that is just not a valid command you are trying to do.

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #146
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Yeah as BOb says, you've typed in "cd\ kindlepid.py"

It shoud be:

>cd\ [hit enter]

>kindlepid.py serial number [hit enter]

Where did you get Python 3.0?

Edit: Found Python 3.0. Will have to test it.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #147
J.Steinker

i pressed the enter key - i treied with both 2.6 and 3.0 haveing same problem no matter which one I try - I followed steps in order going to uninstall reinstall again following steps again
Old 02-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #148
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
i pressed the enter key - i treied with both 2.6 and 3.0 haveing same problem no matter which one I try - I followed steps in order going to uninstall reinstall again following steps again
The image you posted does not show you hitting enter after cd\. You added a space and "kindlepid.py" before you hit enter.

When you re-install, please use Python 2.5, 2.6 or 2.6.1 until 3.0 can be tested.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #149
J.Steinker

reinstalled python 2.6.1 and heres a screen shot - i use my s/n when i tried for shot i did not use. ---- the path info is this ;c:\Python26;c:\Python26\Tools\Scripts -i put the file as said into the tools scripts as it said to. Thanks guys for all the help really don't know what I am doing wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pid3.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24223  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #150
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

That image looks correct. So it doesn't look like you've done anything wrong. Let me think about this for a bit. We have to figure this out or you won't be able to run KindleFIX either.

Tags
kindle visual guide, kindlefix, kindlepid, mobi2mobi, mobi2mobi gui