Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
missimpossible
Groupie
missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, Clara 2e, Oasis 3
Kobo Touch frozen and not responding

My Touch accidentally got disconnected today when it was connected to my laptop. It has frozen on the "connected to computer" screen, and I can't switch it off or get any response from it. I tried pressing the reset button on the back, but that hasn't worked either. Does anyone have any recommendations?
missimpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try holding the power switch over for 5 to 10 seconds; this will ensure the device is powered off. Then just do a standard "slide and release" to power it back on.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
missimpossible
Groupie
missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try holding the power switch over for 5 to 10 seconds; this will ensure the device is powered off. Then just do a standard "slide and release" to power it back on.
Tried this earlier on, and again just now, and no joy, I'm afraid
Old 12-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
You could try plugging it in (with a wall charger, not USB cable) and leaving it charging for a few hours. Then try resetting it again.

In fact, just did a quick search and found the following thread in this very forum:
"Kobo Touch frozen on 'connected and charging' screen".

You could try some of the suggestions from it. Let us know if you have any success!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Just to chime in--

I often find when my touch is frozen that plugging it into the computer will unfreeze it, as trying to determine what to do with my PC seems to override everything else. Not sure this will help you as that's what started the problem, but it's worth a try if you haven't already.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Just to chime in--

I often find when my touch is frozen that plugging it into the computer will unfreeze it, as trying to determine what to do with my PC seems to override everything else. Not sure this will help you as that's what started the problem, but it's worth a try if you haven't already.
It also helps ensure that it isn't being caused by a low battery, as the USB cable is supplying power AND charging the device.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
missimpossible
Groupie

Managed to fix it! Not sure if my solution will be of any help though. After it had happened I plugged it back into the laptop to see if that would "kick" it out of its frozen state and left it for about an hour - nothing doing, and the laptop wasn't picking it up or acting as if it existed at all. Tried it again about an hour ago and it worked straight away. Just glad it's back to normal! Thanks for all your help.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by missimpossible View Post
Managed to fix it! Not sure if my solution will be of any help though. After it had happened I plugged it back into the laptop to see if that would "kick" it out of its frozen state and left it for about an hour - nothing doing, and the laptop wasn't picking it up or acting as if it existed at all. Tried it again about an hour ago and it worked straight away. Just glad it's back to normal! Thanks for all your help.
I often find this--that the initial linkup doesn't get recognized, but if I plug it in one or two more times, that usually does the trick. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my reply.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote