Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
shlomof
shlomof began at the beginning.

Device: none
editing OPF on sigil and adding flash file

Hello,
I've been trying to add audio flash file to my ebook using sigil.
I've managed to find the right code and add it to the HTML.

now, I need to add the filename.swf in the manifest in the OPF file. how do I reach it through sigil? if I look at he folder itself, I have only epub and zip files. so I need to extract them then zip again. seems to me like there is a bettter way to do that. also, how do I add to flash file in sigil?

thanks,
Shlomo
shlomof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You are aware that flash is not within the specs by now right?

Anyway, this Sigil you are not able to edit the opf. At least, not in this version. You can add the swf file however by clicking on the misc folder on the left and add existing item.

You must edit the epub by hand to edit the opf. An epub is essentially a zip file, packed/created in a specific way. You can use for example tweak_epub for it. Open the epub with the program, select the opf and press edit. Make your changes and save.

I recommend reading through the Jedisaber tutorial on creating ePub by hand to get the feeling on what an ePub is and how it is build.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
shlomof
shlomof began at the beginning.

Device: none
I aware of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You are aware that flash is not within the specs by now right?

Anyway, this Sigil you are not able to edit the opf. At least, not in this version. You can add the swf file however by clicking on the misc folder on the left and add existing item.

You must edit the epub by hand to edit the opf. An epub is essentially a zip file, packed/created in a specific way. You can use for example tweak_epub for it. Open the epub with the program, select the opf and press edit. Make your changes and save.

I recommend reading through the Jedisaber tutorial on creating ePub by hand to get the feeling on what an ePub is and how it is build.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I discover that most e-readrs dont'support that. BTW, I'd be happy to know which of them do support this for android and PC (Ibook does support that for IPhone).

Thanks, for the idea with the opf file.
shlomof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AFAK only iBooks supports this. Perhaps you can get it to work in Sigil or Calibre, since they use QT Webkit, but I doubt it.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
Wha? iBooks (Apple) supports Flash? (As known they refuse to support flash on their iDevices.)
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard

No flash out of the box of course... Apple and flash don't mix....

Tags
audio, flash, opf file, sigil