Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Problem with edit metadata screen

I updated Calibre and now the edit metadata screen is all messed up! It has three panes instead of two and while there are arrows that look like I can adjust them, the screen just flickers when I try to do this. In the main editing area with the text fields, I can barely see two letters at a time---I absolutely cannot edit book information this way!

The only setting I found in look and feel was something about 'wide' or 'narrow' screen and when I chose narrow, all it did was move the browser window in the main view to the bottom of the screen, which I didn't want. I just want back the edit metadata screen I had before! Two columns, one with the book info and the other with the formats and cover. I hate the new layout and cannot see a thing. I am very meticulous about metadata and spend a lot of time in this screen. I need it back the way it was! Can anyone please tell me what to do here?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can resize each of the individual three panels by dragging the bar in between them. And the dialog will remember the sizes you chose the next time you open it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried that. As soon as I let go of the mouse after dragging, it springs back.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

how wide is your screen? And can you post a screenshot of the dialog
Old 12-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard

I am on a less than one year old Macbook, the basic model. I don't know how wide the screen is but it's a laptop screen. Here is what I have tried so far:

1) Tried dragging in between the columns. As I said before, it then turned into arrows, but as soon as I let go of the mouse, it springs back leaving me just as constrained as I was before

2) Tried just making that whole dialogue box bigger. It worked in the moment, but once I closed the edit metadata dialog, it did not remember the settings and next time I went to open it, everything was as before.

I am attaching a screenshot. As you can see, I need more room to see the text fields. I cannot edit books this way. I was just on vacation and have a backlog of 70+ books to add, so I do not relish manually re-adjusting the size of the dialog window every time I add a book. I don't care about seeing anything more than a tony thumbnail cover in this view; I use cover flow when I want to look at covers. I don't need it taking up a third of the screen real estate! I just want back the screen I had before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-12-31 at 3.00.02 PM.png
Views:	243
Size:	673.4 KB
ID:	63886  
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then downgrade to 0.7.34