Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Calibre Sync on Android stopped working properly with recent version of Calibre?

Hi

I use Calibre Sync on Android, it is super nice. Right now I am using 9.36 and Calibre Sync conects to server fine. However it is not able to get the list of books, this ability was working fine prior to 9.36 (not sure which version) but it was working fine until couple weeks ago. I was able to load the list of books in Calibre Sync thus download them withing Ca Sync on the tablet . But this ability has been diminished with 9.36.

I realize this is Calibre forum not the Androidm app one but I assume that there are other users who might be on the same ship, and might offer solution. Although this might be a Calibre related error

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There have been no changes to the wireless driver since mid-may, and no significant changes in months. The mid-may change was adding an option for the device to give it's name during the connection cycle, and that cannot affect the sync cycle. Also, calibre companion still connects and syncs, and it has not been changed.

To my knowledge the developer of calibre sync does not participate in this forum. You might need to contact the developer directly.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
There have been no changes to the wireless driver since mid-may, and no significant changes in months. The mid-may change was adding an option for the device to give it's name during the connection cycle, and that cannot affect the sync cycle. Also, calibre companion still connects and syncs, and it has not been changed.

To my knowledge the developer of calibre sync does not participate in this forum. You might need to contact the developer directly.

chaley, thanks for the heads up. I will try to sort this out with its developer.

thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
One possibility: it could be a particular book that is causing the problem by having "unusual" metadata. A calibre debug log might help you determine that by seeing where the process is failing.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
khahoon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
One possibility: it could be a particular book that is causing the problem by having "unusual" metadata. A calibre debug log might help you determine that by seeing where the process is failing.
I have it with all the cbrs. The developer will add support I think.
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
CBR literally stands for "Comic Book RAR", an archived series of images of comic books, manga, graphic novels or whatever you want to call the general idea of a graphic storyline. While archives of images predates PDF, an image-only PDF (no text at all, no other file types or data included) is probably the closest and best known comparison.

With the manga files I've seen, there are no other file types inside the archive except images (usually jpg, png, or svg). What would be considered metadata (author, title, isbn, etc) is a picture of data, not text. Perhaps publishers who have started to embrace digital distribution are including non-image metadata? If they are, I'm not aware of it - but I'm not looking either, so I would have easily missed it.

I recall Manga Meeya, a CBR reader program, had a preference setting to force the display of an included text file over all other content. This caused the text to be displayed and never allowed me to "change the page" to any of the included images. Turning off the checkbox resolved the problem. This occurred with only one manga archive, ever.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 07-06-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Correct typos.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote