Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
birdiepilot
birdiepilot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
trouble emailing multiple personal documents

hello.....

tried to email 2 MOBI files to my Kindle at the same time (highlight 2 files, connect/share, email to....). the first file is sent successfully in about 10 seconds, after about 4 minutes the next one says "finished" but I receive an email from Amazon Kindle Support saying "the email did not include an attachments". sure enough the first file arrived at the Kindle, the 2nd one did not. I then resent the same file by itself, and this time it did indeed send correctly.

I remember reading somewhere that calibre automatically inserts a 5 minute delay in between emails to avoid being tagged as spam. but even so once the delay has elapsed should it not send correctly? perhaps I need to change something in Preferences?

thanks for the assistance in advance!!

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Software Version 3.3
Calibre Version 0.8.51
birdiepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me. Try sending the emails to yourself first, to verify that it is working. You can add another email to send to via Preferences->Sharing by email
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
birdiepilot
birdiepilot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kovid-

tried it again, it did indeed work. must have been some random anomaly when it didn't work before.

Thanks for all you do!!
birdiepilot is offline   Reply With Quote