Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
The problem with Stanza is that it isn't very good about setting the Name/Author of a book when it exports it. Otherwise, it would be perfect.

Michael
You should report your issues so that they fix them before release. Stanza is still in beta after all.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #17
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
They certainly don't indicate any support for this format. Are you sure it was not PalmDOC? eReader does support PalmDOC format as well. Did it specifically say eReader?

Dale
Ya got me there. They have export formats for "Palm Doc" (creates a file with a default extension of prc), "eReader" (pdb) and "Palm Database" (pdb again). A cmp of the exported files eReader.pdb and PalmDatabase.pdb show them to be identical.

So, I guess you're right, it's probably not truly eReader - but then I think it's misleading of them to specifically use "eReader" as an export format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
The problem with Stanza is that it isn't very good about setting the Name/Author of a book when it exports it. Otherwise, it would be perfect.

Michael
I totally agree. I've emailed support and they say they're planning on adding editing of metadata but it hasn't shown up in 8 betas so far Maybe beta 9
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #18
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Ya got me there. They have export formats for "Palm Doc" (creates a file with a default extension of prc), "eReader" (pdb) and "Palm Database" (pdb again). A cmp of the exported files eReader.pdb and PalmDatabase.pdb show them to be identical.

So, I guess you're right, it's probably not truly eReader - but then I think it's misleading of them to specifically use "eReader" as an export format.
Easy enough to find out. PalmDOC is the Palm OS version of a plain ASCII text file, in a Palm Database format, and compressed to save space in RAM. DOC readers decompress it on the fly as they display it.

eReader files are in PML markup format, and support color, fonts, text attributes, images, and links.

Export something with the latter from Stanza and see what it looks like in eReader.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

eReader sells "eBook Studio" software to create ereader format books. Go to "Software" and click on Windows or Macintosh to get the correct version. I was trying to figure out how to convert before I noticed it sitting in my ereader library. Bought it five years ago and completely forgot about it.

It works well. Shows a real time preview, actual page breaks, sets all the metadata, lots of formatting options.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:15 AM   #20
Jesse Reads Some
Jesse Reads Some began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Okay, I uploaded a bunch of my personal (non-copyrighted) .pdb files to my Personal Content bookshelf on the eReader website. Now how to I get them on to my iPhone? The eReader site says you do it "exactly the same way you would download your purchases" except nuh-uh. On the iPhone, when I tap the plus sign, all I see are my actually purchased books. The personal content is nowhere in sight.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?
Jesse Reads Some is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #21
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I can see my uploaded items. Are you sure they are correctly formatted and that you're logged in to the correct library (you need to log in to fictionwise and ereader separately)? I used the ereader ebook studio software mentioned above.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #22
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
i'm a windows mobile user since Casio era. Around that dark ebook times, i chose microsoft reader format as there had been convertlit around to help 'unsecure' my purchased ebooks (yes, i went through hell with amazon.com and bn.com when they closed their ebookstore. Luckily i got that convertlit, and now with fictionwise.com, powells.com and ebooks.com).
Fast forward to three months ago. I'm comfortable with .lit, since i can blow the file and use the .opf file to create mobi .prc with all the formatting intact - so far. Then i got lucky to win an iphone 8gb with 1.1.3 firmware.
Downloaded books.app, rubooks.app, and still not content with them.
Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, when i decided to go to FW 2.0.1 (for 3G iphone but works for my gprs/edge one). Why? Because i want to check ereader.app
Ereader has done a good job, with some minor tweaking needed (chapter jump or page jump like in msreader?).
Then comes the .pdb format issue. I'm trying to find a software that can read the .opf from my blown .lit files, and create a .pdb with all formatting intact. I could do this to .prc, so basically when i bought .lit, i can convert it to mobi .prc. I have a library in .lit and .prc.
But not in .pdb... yet.
I tested the reader studio demo from ereader.com site, and still not satisfied as it doesn't preserve the formatting based from the .opf file.
As for downloading, i tried with fictionwise personal folder, and it went fine. But perhaps (i havent tried this with ebook, but have done it successfully with songs and video) using iphoneexplorer (on an XP machine) i can just drag and drop my .pdb to my iphone harddisk. I will find some free time to test this, as my main machine at home runs win2k.

cheers
TK
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
eReader 1.2 is now available.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you know what the differences are between 1.1 and 1.2?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Never mind - just seen another thread listing the changes .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you know what the differences are between 1.1 and 1.2?
NEW: What New Features are in the 1.2 Release?
eReader for iPhone and iPod touch version 1.2 includes the following new features:

* Status and navigation bar hiding after 5 seconds to give you the full screen while reading your books.
* Page number display and page slider bar.
* Introduction of the book unlock hint.
* Added Medium-large and Colossal font sizes.
* Use middle truncation in the Table of Contents and bookshelf titles.
* Back button for link navigation.
* About eReader screen.
* Several other various improvements and bug fixes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #27
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
TK--

You might want to check out Stanza--another reader for the iPhone/iPod Touch. It reads non drm-ed mobi and lit files (as well as many other formats). There is a desktop interface for both Mac and Windows that allows you to transfer files to your iPhone.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader, iphone