Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM   #1051
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
I'm reading Shirley, by Susan Scarf Merrell, a novel about a young married couple, Rose and Fred, who live with Shirley Jackson and Stanley Edgar Hyman while Fred is a grad assistant at Bennington.

It's a odd book. Rose is telling the story, and while it's interesting--I like the way references and parallels to Jackson's writing are woven in--even though I'm about halfway through, I really don't quite know where it's going.

The narrator is Lesa Lockford, and she's fine for Rose's first-person narration, but I'm not too fond of the voice she uses for Shirley Jackson
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #1052
connie2000
Enthusiast
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950
I just finished The Razor's Edge by Somerset Maugham. I have listened to 4 of his books and enjoyed them all.
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations