Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #16
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I would love not to use a cover on my devices, its amazing how much smaller they feel without them, but its not worth having a beat up device.

I would love a scratch proof device, but till then they always get a cover.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #17
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I thought he was talking about book covers
I was inclined to agree.
Hehe me too!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #18
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Always store and transport devices in covers, but prefer using them without covers.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #19
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I do not get the need to turn a kindle into a book. I read one handed. I have adorable stickers on my kindle and a zip closed wet suit material bag to pop it in when not in use. I can then drop it in my handbag without fear of dirt dust or accidental spills hurting it. I cringe when I see people with these book covers drop them in handbags or back packs. no matter how clean and tidy you are bits of dirt end up in your handbag or backpack. All ready to get under your book cover and grind into your ereader. If I planed to travel I would buy a hard case with memory foam that zips closed.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #20
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I bought a case for my 79 dollar kindle 4. It was about 5 bucks at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Amaz...kindle+4+cover

You can find cases that are not almost the cost of a reader.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #21
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I much prefer to use my readers without covers, too. I have a slipcase for my kindle and a cover for my kobo, but I only use them for transport.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #22
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
If you are worried about scratches the skins come in a million designs. They stay on perfectly and come off totally clean. Np sticky resedure, amd a perfect brand new kindle under it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kindle-Pa...#ht_2040wt_902
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Personali...ht_2150wt_1046

you can even use your own photos. what ever your taste you can find a skin for.
Same goes for the zip close wet suit cases.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I don't have covers for most of my devices because they are incredibly expensive. I also doubt that these covers provide much beyond cosmetic protection, which means that they aren't even worth the price.

The two exceptions: my Kobo Touch has a cover, since it was given to me. I bought a padded sleeve for my MacBook, which was $2.50 at a dollar store. (That's about 5% to 10% the cost of sleeves that computer stores carry. The hilarious part is that the dollar store version provides more protection than some of those computer store sleeves.)
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #24
brandon7s
brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I don't use covers on cellphones. My current phone being a Galaxy Nexus. I've had it for a year and a half and have not one scratch on the screen. There is a small ding or two on the plastic back, but I'd have to really go looking for it to notice it.

I DO use a cover on my Kindle PaperWhite. The main reason why is because I stuff it in a messenger bag along with a whole slew of other items, many which could cause a scratch. Also, I find that having a cover that turns the device on when you open it is incredibly convenient compared to hitting the Sleep button whenever I want to read, and whenever I'm done reading. The auto-sleep feature alone is enough reason for me to use a case on my PW.
brandon7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #25
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Except for the Paperwhite, none of my devices have covers/cases. I never had one for the K3 and I didn't want cases for my phones. I don't like to spend money on something that covers up my new sleek device and detracts from its beauty. With the PW, I decided to get the official case because I think it adds to the beauty while also providing some protection. An added bonus is that with the case, I find it easier to hold when reading.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I hate sleeves. What happens to them when they are not on the device Besides, they really only protect against the minor, nof catastrophic stuff.

While in transit, I want Screen Crack protection.
Scratches (not on the screen) and smudges, just indicate it is being used.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Got any pics?
She made an even nicer one for my mom's K3, but we didn't get pictures of that.

These were done with my cell phone, so they're not the greatest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front small.png
Views:	241
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	104668   Click image for larger version

Name:	back small.png
Views:	244
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	104669  
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #28
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Meh. A plastic sleeve that they sell hard drives and other computer components in (hard drive sleeves being the perfect width for most 6-7" devices) with a piece of corrugated cardboard (with the edges wrapped in duct tape so there's no sawdust) in it to protect the screen is good enough for my ereader & tablet. Since I don't give a crap about showing off to other people, I don't need to spend anything for covers that do nothing but make my devices uncomfortably heavy.

EDIT: If I had devices that didn't recess the screens into the bezel (an iPad, for example), it'd be a different matter and I'd want a hard-shelled case for it. But not a cover. Those are pointless.

Last edited by JD Gumby; 04-21-2013 at 10:30 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
JD Gumby, you may have a point, however I decided some time ago that life is too short for ugly things.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #30
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
When I purchased my Kindle Keyboard in late 2010, I also got the lighted cover. I used that all the time for about six months. It's great protection for the device, but I didn't like the extra weight and bulk, so I decided to buy a rubberized silicone skin. I love it! The skin makes the Kindle easy to hold and adds almost no weight.

At home I now read with the silicone skin and only use the Amazon lighted cover when traveling.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-25-2014 at 07:40 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote