Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
What reader has the best epub implementation

I have been doing some html to epub conversions of e-book with images. I find that FBReader just doesn't cut it. Hanlin (Bebook, Astak) has boundary problems. This leads me to wonder, what is the best Epub implementation available today?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I have been doing some html to epub conversions of e-book with images. I find that FBReader just doesn't cut it. Hanlin (Bebook, Astak) has boundary problems. This leads me to wonder, what is the best Epub implementation available today?
In my opinion, it seems to be Sony. True, Sony's ePub does not do full justification, but it works. It is stable. The Opus and Cool-er lock up. I cannot say what the nook will be like since it's not yet out. But Sony is reliable. Plus we know the root of the ePub file system, so we can put fonts there and reference them from the ePub's CSS.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Out of curiosity, I went over to the FBReader site. Lo and behold, they just released a new stable version 0.12.0 on Dec 7th. I haven't played with it much, but it seemed to handle Epubs with images pretty well. Handles HTML images better than the last release. Haven't played with RTF yet....

Maybe by this summer the wonderful folks over at OpenInkPot will be able to intergrate it in....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The best ePub implemention on the devices that I own is the CyBook Opus. True, it does hang up once in a while, but a reboot (which takes about 20s) and you're back reading again.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote